Dry suits and Catheters...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John, come dive in the cenotes . . . some of my friends spend their deco time using bubbles in creative ways :)

OK, then.

I start my cave training in January. Is this something that will be covered? I did not notice it in the NSS/CDS Workbook.

I start my cave training in January. Is this something that will be covered? I did not notice it in the NSS/CDS Workbook.

No, you learn this from your mentor :)

John, come dive in the cenotes . . . some of my friends spend their deco time using bubbles in creative ways :)

OK, then.

No, you learn this from your mentor :)

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Okay, c'mon, share! What DO you do with bubbles? :eyebrow:

Also, you can use a feedback form on the Rochester Medical site and ask for samples in an assortment of sizes that you think might be in the right range. It's important to not get one that's too big because it will tend to come off as well as be uncomfortable where there's extra plastic stuck together, and you don't want to get one that's too small because it will restrict flow on your "hose" (not the one that came with the valve :D).

http://www.rocm.com/reqsamples.php

I filled out the feedback and received four samples within two days - I was impressed with the rapid delivery of the free samples. I will try the wideband tomorrow for the first time. As I have said, The Coloplast Conveen Urisheaths have been great, I have a feeling the wideband will be more intense as has been described here......

So here's what I don't like about the wideband:

- The tube from the catheter to the valve does not fit as tightly as the others I use.
- removal was far more uncomfortable - especially when you get to the 'end'.....

Here's what I do like:

- No way it's coming off during the dive. Not a chance.

I have over 90 of the conveens left - I have been happy with them, the price on the widebands is superb, but I will revisit when I need more (in a year or so....).

This thread needs to be a sticky.

Greetings fellow Pee valve users and what a great thread! I am thinking that with every new pee-valve thread the stories will cease to be humorous but they have not!
I am sorry but personally I have had the most outrageous time of it this summer! My learning curve was from the school of soggy / smelly knocks. I learned what and how to rinse your undergarments. Sink the stink is for your dry suit to. Quick disconnects work great when they are the correct size. The best way to prevent kinks in your piping is to use the valve pre-dive before burping your suit. I have had some really funny things happen and over all I think been the spot of humor that every diver needs while embarking on the relief valve quest. Many of the dive buddies this year had great fun tracking my progress and watching me rinse the failures away.
One such instance a group of OW students were entering the water as I was exiting. Waiting behind them dry suit divers very anxious to enter the water. The exit was to the dressing table drop the doubles and unzip the suit and wait my turn to jump in to rinse my urine soaked suit. The OW students were baffled the dry suit divers were either roaring with laughter or trying not to. Of coarse this only drew more attention so I figured what the heck, I removed the dry suit and jumped back in to rinse the undergarments. Well it just about earned me a new nick name that I will not use on this forum. All in good fun and rinsing immediately was very successful till the end of day two when the combo of quarry water and other fluid got a little gamey. Of coarse I blamed it on a local duck Fred that likes to hang around the dock. Sorry Fred no offense. I do not think anyone fell for it anyway.
With all the negatives the pee-valve is still worth ten times the troubles. Now I can dive for hours if I choose and not worry about it. I can hydrate frequently which I drink about a gallon on dive day. This is not an exaggeration but more reality. I start with a gallon and usually run out on the way home. I have been doing deep dives lately and keep very well hydrated.
Have fun with the learning curve and do not let it get you down. So you have a few failures no big deal, just keep moving on till you get it right! It will be just fine.
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

I recently started using a p-valve and I'm in love. I plumed up for a day of diving on Tuesday and it was so enjoyable. I drank plenty of fluids during the long dive to the site, was able to go multiple times during the dive and even during the SI. Just kept drinking away.

Still need to work on the tube routing which is a little bothersome right now. And it has been a big leap of faith a few times to just keep going even when I was "sure it came off".

This thread needs to be a sticky.

I agree! There is so much information in this thread, and the delicacy is treated with good humor!

I think the ladies' 'she-p' thread, and the one about mounting the valve, should also be stuck.

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom