Dry suit recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Medicdiver0125

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello I am knew to scuba board and looking for a dry suit recommedation. I dive the great lakes specifically lake Huron and some quarries in Ohio. I have used a Viking in the past and liked it, but just would like some outside opinions.:)

Thanks

I've been using a Dive Rite 905 for the past two seasons, and love it! very robust construction, roomy, works great. I'm getting dry gloves put on shortly since that seems to work great from my buddies perspective.

If you have one you like, use it. Vikings are good suits.

I have dived Whites Fusion and Diving Concepts and liked them both. I own a Diving Concepts custom suit (wanted neon colors so students could find me easily under water) and like it.

Whites makes a great suit. The new Waterproof suits have the new "honeycomb" layer that is an interesting concept as it keeps the external part of the suit away from your body no matter your position in the water. Not sure how well it works but it is something to look at. They make superb wet suits so I am sure their dry suits are great too.

I have had a dive rite 905 for 8 years. I used SI dry gloves with it. its a great suit - durable, a good fit, but this past season the crotch seam started leaking. My choice was send it to diverite who would send it to finland at a cost of many hundreds and likley MANY months, or attempt a seam sealer repair on my own. I chose the latter - its holding and I'm still diving in it - but I'm in the market for a new suit now, and likely won't consider the Diverite...

Personally I like the Bare Hd-Tech Dry. Bare Makes a great suit as does (DUI - Hollis - Whites) Bare offers a lifetime warranty on there suit's no one lese does, they also offer a lot of off the shef in between size's that other companies don't which could save you a nice chunk of money.

Best thing to do is make it to a few demo day's and try out as many suit's as possible. I know DUI does there rally at Gilboa I think show up and try out couple differnt suit's. Indian Valley Scuba Does alot of Drysuit demo day's some at (Dutch Springs) but carries a couple different Man. (Bare - Whites - some others) Its like everything try before you buy what I like and feel may not be same for you.

I use a Pinnacle BlackIce dry suit. A very warm suit with some nice features.

If you've got the money and the time wait and check out the new Bare suit, SB System I think it's called. It's a stretchy tri-lam suit. Looks like quite something.

I have used an Atlan Neoprene suit. It was a nice suit and needed minimal undergarments. Now, I use a Viking X-treme. Love it. I saw recently that they have some newer suits that have a yellow top or even red. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom