Question Dry suit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Krakendiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
im a short guy 5'8 and have been looking for a front zip dry suit. Front zip... why you ask. well if i have to rely on someone close to me to make sure its zipped up right... well lets just say... i dont.

crushed or compressed neo or trilam.

which do you prefer and why

what manufacturer do you like?

i have an offer for a waterproof D1X

I am close to your size. I dive a front zip Diving Concepts bag suit. The membrane suit allows me to adjust undergarments depending on what the weather conditions and dive conditions are going to be.

My first new suit will likely be a Seaskin Nova.

DW

My preferences :

- Trilam : easier to put on, to fix, more room for undergarments (as already stated),
- Front entry (same reason as you, and once you've tested it, you won't change)
- Silicone cuffs and collar (SiTech system which allows you to change a busted one easily and without glue)
- Socks + rock boots (more comfi, especially if you have to walk all kitted to get to the diving spot and easier to put the suit inside out when you need to dry it),

The brands I've used :

- Beuchat : (Baltik Dry) my introduction to dry suit diving. Reasonable price, did the trick, but durability was a problem : after 2 years, I was always patching something (seams especially...)
- Santi : (E-space) : almost 6 years old now, very satisfied with it. No problem.

It depends on how much the used suit costs and if it's a perfect fit.

I have been diving a Northern Diver neo suit for the last 2 years. It's not perfect for me, tight in the shoulders and too long. Boots are too big. I got a really good deal and it's kept me dry, so no regrets. It dives like a wetsuit. I like that it was cheap enough that when I get it dirty / muddy I don't really care. Plus I've modified it some and learned a lot in the process.

I just ordered a M2M Seaskin Nova (trilam), exchange rate is really good right now. The suit was right around $1000. I'm excited to give it a shot. That's $1000 with P valve, dry gloves... basically the works. I'll be able to don by myself and it'll be a perfect fit... no more issues with valve drills and tight shoulders.

The problem with used suits is the sizing... unless it's perfect or stupid cheap it's almost not worth it compared to a brand new M2M suit.

Rob and the rest of you thanks for the replies, i think you hit the nail on the head. fit appears to be almost perfect but that said for the price there asking i can get the wife and me an O'three each one for just a bit more or even a seaskin ....

Rob and the rest of you thanks for the replies, i think you hit the nail on the head. fit appears to be almost perfect but that said for the price there asking i can get the wife and me an O'three each one for just a bit more or even a seaskin ....

O3 have a great following.. I've read good things. Not sure if they offer a neo in a front zip?

That is the biggest limiting factor (to me) about my suit. The back zip I guess is my one regret. I like to dive solo sometimes and that means I need to drive to / from in my suit, or bring someone with. Either way sucks.

Flip that, seaskin is cheaper than O'three. So seaskins for both or singular O'three.

O3 have a great following.. I've read good things. Not sure if they offer a neo in a front zip?

That is the biggest limiting factor (to me) about my suit. The back zip I guess is my one regret. I like to dive solo sometimes and that means I need to drive to / from in my suit, or bring someone with. Either way sucks.
Just worked through the process with O’Three. They do not offer a neo in a front zip. I have read that they will do a custom front zip but will not guarantee the zipper. I don’t know that to be true. May be hearsay.
however after talking with them and the research I did, I ended up ordering the back zip neo. Works for me because I don’t solo dive.

Just worked through the process with O’Three. They do not offer a neo in a front zip. I have read that they will do a custom front zip but will not guarantee the zipper. I don’t know that to be true. May be hearsay.
however after talking with them and the research I did, I ended up ordering the back zip neo. Works for me because I don’t solo dive.

In the beginning I felt the same.. as time went on I just couldn't stand not being capable or gearing up on my own.

Where I work is 5 min from the quarry. So getting my suit on by myself and jumping in for a quick one after work will be great.

Back
Top Bottom