Question Dry suit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The problem with used suits is the sizing... unless it's perfect or stupid cheap it's almost not worth it compared to a brand new M2M suit.
This is it. The best dry suit advice. Try going with the manufacturers that offer a true made-to-measure as opposed to making adjustments to off-the-rack suits to fit your body. If the suit fits like crap, you won't enjoy diving.

im a short guy 5'8 and have been looking for a front zip dry suit. Front zip... why you ask. well if i have to rely on someone close to me to make sure its zipped up right... well lets just say... i dont.

crushed or compressed neo or trilam.

which do you prefer and why

what manufacturer do you like?

i have an offer for a waterproof D1X
Just buy a new custom suit. It will save you money in the long run.

crushed or compressed neoprene or trilam?

I prefer trilam for its lighter weight and quicker drying.
It is, but crushed neoprene is better for crawling over rocks.

See if you can try a few.

I tried a neoprene and found I hated it, so trilam for me, others like neoprene.

Also if you want user changeable seals (highly recommend). Try them out, two types SI-tech and DUI. Figuring out which seal system narrows your choices.

O3 have a great following.. I've read good things. Not sure if they offer a neo in a front zip?

That is the biggest limiting factor (to me) about my suit. The back zip I guess is my one regret. I like to dive solo sometimes and that means I need to drive to / from in my suit, or bring someone with. Either way sucks.

I own a back zip O'3, the only thing I don't like is that it's back zip, I loathe relying on someone to zip me up. My mistake.

Although they don't advertise a front zip neo they can and will make one, however they don't recommend it, I can't remember why.

I own a back zip O'3, the only think I don't like is that it's back zip, I loathe relying on someone to zip me up. My mistake.

Although they don't advertise a front zip neo they can and will make one, however they don't recommend it, I can't remember why.

That's the #1 thing I hate about my neo suit. Back zip is just annoying.

I have read from multiple places front zip on a neo isn't good either but I can't remember why either.

im a short guy 5'8 and have been looking for a front zip dry suit. Front zip... why you ask. well if i have to rely on someone close to me to make sure its zipped up right... well lets just say... i dont.

crushed or compressed neo or trilam.

which do you prefer and why

what manufacturer do you like?

i have an offer for a waterproof D1X
I got a Waterproof D9 five years ago at a sale and am very happy with it - excellent quality, no issues yet. I am 6‘2“ and skinny, size MT fits me well (could be a bit longer in the legs but works fine). With a Fourth Element Xerotherm set, I am good between mid-50s and low-70s F for an hour or so (think off-season Med or Azores). If it fits and the price is right, the D1X is an even better suit.

Best, C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom