Dry suit pocket install?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WillAbbott

Reaction score
I'm thinking of adding dry suit pockets as soon as I can (read have the money) Obviously I want either the Halcyon, or FifthD pockets (FifthD's aren't bad on price) I don't want to mess with the install myself so I checked my local shop, who said they think it's best to send it to the dry suit manufacturer who will sow it on, and tape it, and all just like it's a seam or came on the suit originally... I don't know what that would cost me, and I assume the manufacturere has thier own pockets to use, which may or may not be good pockets (dunno if they have eylets for bungee, or not)

I know FifthD's pockets are $30 a pop, and $120 for 2 installed (I assume cemented on) The one shop here, thought that any install other than the factory would not be a "very good" install.

Should I just have FifthD do it? Or would it be worth while to check with the suit manufacturer as to cost, and wether they would install pockets I supply or insist on thier own?

I guess has anyone had issues with aftermarket pockets where they are cemented/glued on?

BTW, it's a USIA suit, just so you know.

fifthD's pockets are massive, some would say too big. I like mine but they are REALLY big, considerably bigger than Halcyon or DUI. DUI pockets are very nice.

EE

Check these guys out.

http://www.drysuitrepair.com/

Alot of people on this board recommend them. I have't used them so I can't say myself.

Do it yourself, Plenty of us here have done it with great success.
Do a search, ask some questions, pick our brains.
Im sure there are an abundance of people here willing to help.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom