Dry suit hood trimming question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LowDrag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I tried to do a few different searches on the subject here and came up with everything but hood trimming info. I also tried YouTube first but that got me nowhere quick.

So, here goes...I have a brand new White's non zippered drysuit hood that is in need of being trimmed around my face where my mask sits and at my chin. I am trying to figure out the best way to trim the hood to fit my face and my mask better. I was thinking that I would put on my hood and then put my mask on over it and trace around my mask with one of those white pencils that ladies use when sewing. Wasn't sure if that was the correct way to do that or not. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Yes so far you have the right idea. Per Otter Bays recommendation you only cut half the distance to the white line though. I like my hood overlapping my mask for warmth. It does require a finger to be quickly run around the hood to clear the mask, which once practiced is no big deal. The mouth part just put your mask on and reg in to determine how much to trim.

Use a sharp pair of scissors for the actual trimming.

Thanks Peter...I figured that was the right way. Have a great day!!!

Back
Top Bottom