Dry Suit Donning............

Which way is your dry suit configured for on and off?

• Back Entry...

Votes: 47 44.3%
  • Front Entry...

Votes: 59 55.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pug

rarely gets caught in there. Even when it does i never just assume its sealed, i look in my car mirror to check. I have it down, i do 75% solo diving so i have alot of practice. Just for the record i never had a leak in my suit from my zipper. never.

Andy

Trymix...
Do you have a strap attached to the zipper that you use as a pull strap?? Or just double jointed....lol? Just kidding.

I just got a rear entry... twin shell... so I don't think I can attach a strap to both shell's.... probably be needing a hand every time.

Classic comment of an o/w diver diving in the UK waters for the first time: "OK, now I see why you need a buddy!" talking about zipping up a rear entry dry suit.

I have rear entry and can't see that it matters if it's rear or front and I usually take mine off in between dives unless I am using it as a "waterproof"!

BTW - couldn't vote, got some sort of error as I often do with these poll things....

Jonathan

I just bought a back entry... couldn't justify the front entry price over $400 more. I always dive with a buddy so I should be OK. As for a pee valve I'll just dip my right hand in warm water before the dive and take a good long pee first!! hehehe:jester: Check out the pic!!

I have a front entry. It is a pain allways to have someone eles zip you up ..or down when you got to hurry to go pee..:toilet:

Originally posted by Jonathan
Classic comment of an o/w diver diving in the UK waters for the first time: "OK, now I see why you need a buddy!" talking about zipping up a rear entry dry suit.

I have rear entry and can't see that it matters if it's rear or front and I usually take mine off in between dives unless I am using it as a "waterproof"!

BTW - couldn't vote, got some sort of error as I often do with these poll things....

Jonathan

LOL Jonathan!
I'm going to the UK in August, I'll see if that's true.

I had a front entry Polar Bear and the torso zip was too long. Since then I've always gotten a back zip and p-valve.

I now have a made to measure Northern Diver "Tech" with the Flectalon undies. I hour plus dives in 43 degree caves and stayed very warm. Gotta love it!

Dive safe
Brock

The poll left out "other".
My 2 favorite cold water drysuits are the old crotch zip Unisuits. You can even take a dump if you have to w/o getting ALL the way outta the suit. Comes in handy when you're in a suit for 10 - 12 hrs/day, or eat in cheap restaurants.

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

Hey Okie.... where are you diving in 43 degree caves... that must Celsius right?

Nope!

Either Mine LaMotte OR Oronogo can get that cold in early spring at depth.

Hell last year I recorded 38 deg at 104 in Lake Superior! In JULY!

Dive safe
Brock

I've had three rear entry suits and one front entry. I prefer the front entry hands down. I'll never go back to rear. Sometimes I just can't wait for my buddy to get around to unzipping . . .

As for attaching a strap to the zipper for self-donning/doffing a rear entry suit: I have gone through two zippers by doing that. It's difficult to keep the load on the zipper even. So be careful.

Back
Top Bottom