Dry Suit Donning............

Which way is your dry suit configured for on and off?

• Back Entry...

Votes: 47 44.3%
  • Front Entry...

Votes: 59 55.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chrismac said:
I suppose it would help to say that I always get a relief zipper lol

Which brings up a really good point - more important than the location of the zipper is the availability of a means to pee without having to remove the suit. A relief zipper or pee valve (my preference) is an essential piece of gear, especially if you plan on being in the water for more than 80 cf worth of air...

While I've been diving a front entry (rentals) since last summer, I ordered a back entry, that will be arriving in a couple of weeks. My reason......to off-set the cost a bit of having to get DUI's "special production." I wanted the CF200, and since they don't carry woman's stock in that model, I had no choice, but to fork over the extra $400....even though I'd fit a stock size ;-0 I never dive alone, cannot benefit from a relief zipper (more pouting), so I figured the extra wriggling I'll have to do to don and doff the suit, will be tolerable. (Hoping is more like it)

Chris

When I was checking out dry suits, the first CF 200 I tried on was a shoulder entry (is this a back entry?). I found it very easy to don. The only problem is that a buddy had to zip it up for you.

I eventually opted for a CF200 front entry. I purposely had it made slightly larger because I found that it was easier to don and remove without help. The only problem is that the zipper is buckled a bit at the bottom and it is possible NOT to completely close it unless you take the effort and smooth out the buckle at the end of the zipper. I know what 45 degree water feels like!

As to bathroom habits, the ladies will find that the urge to purge is considerably less since your are not all bounded up in neoprene. Although at times an adult diaper can bring peace of mind.

I, personally, prefer the front entry, "self donning" drysuits. I have a DUI CLx450 with front entry. It makes it so much easier to don and doff the suit since I don't need any assistance, plus it is easier to use the restroom without taking the suit completely off. If I happen to be solo diving, the front entry is the only way to go.

Mike

I've had four back entry and currently have two front entry... I prefer the front entry... hands down.

btw: a P-valve is cheaper and better than a relief zipper

btw: a P-valve is cheaper and better than a relief zipper

Plus, when you try to use a relief zipper in the water......well.....you get wet.. :D

Mike

well I was lucky buying my new drysuit
i got a bare
and it was off the wall fits me like it was custome made, it came with a relief zip
so it was a fluke finding it by just walking into it before i looked for anything else
plus you all know what its like purchesing custome drysuits . lol
:) :yellow:

Back entry for me

i have absolutely no problem getting this suit on myself and zipping it up. Maybe those of you who are unable should do some stretching :)

Andy

Back
Top Bottom