Dry Suit Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The bag is big enough for my O'Neill 3mm compressed neoprene drysuit (size L) and undies. Here are some pics so people can get a better idea of the bag.

After drying, I put my drysuit in a ziploc baggy (some divers recommend an airtight container for storage):

dry_bag_1.jpg

The mesh section of the Bean bag has enough room for it; I keep it there so that when wet (and not in ziploc baggy) it can air out:

dry_bag_2.jpg

The mesh section also has a small attached tarp that can be used to partly separate gear within the bag, or for changing shoes to waders, or donning a drysuit, without getting the socks dirty, though it's pretty small for drysuit donning purposes:

dry_bag_3.jpg

On the other (non-mesh) side, I have room for my Xerotherm Arctics (size L), Carol Davis base layer, and other bits and pieces (undergloves, etc):

dry_bag_4.jpg

dry_bag_5.jpg

dry_bag_6.jpg

The construction appears good quality and rugged to me; I'm counting on L.L. Bean providing quality. The bag has a shoulder strap running across it (corner to corner), and also hand carry straps that can be joined with the usual type of velcro pad:

dry_bag_7.jpg

It doesn't have any small pockets or sections or anything like that; just 1 large mesh section (with tarp), and one large "dry" section, where by dry I mean the material is waterproof, but the zipper is not a dry zip.

I bought a bunch of them on ebay (they are 12 Gallons in size), but I think I saw some at the local Fresh Grocer too where they have the normal zip-loc bags. I haven't done it yet, but I plan to buy some appropriate desiccant packets to throw in with the drysuit in case it's still partly wet, but I fail to notice it. (Not sure if that would help.)

I was reading recently that it can be useful to store regs in a sealed bag to prevent ozone damage. It's supposed to be especially useful if your regs don't get used much. Based on that, that's what I'm going to start doing. I'll get some big ziplocks and some desiccant packets and store my stuff that way.

Thanks for the pictures. I feel better :)

Where you do get big-assed ziplock bags like that???

I buy them at my local Wal Mart. There is a size larger than the ones shown. :palmtree: Bob

LOL *Floater* you beat me to it. I took pictures last night while putting gear away and my Internet was down when I attempted to upload them. Anyway - he's my really big drysuit and size 13 Rock Boots in the bag.

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

I think I need to hit LLBean up for commission! How many bags have they sold because I posted my discovery??

I think I need to hit LLBean up for commission! How many bags have they sold because I posted my discovery??
I dunno...but they shipped the two that I ordered and I am anxiously awaiting their arrival. If they are not all that I have dreamed for, I will send you complaints and remove you from my Christmas card list. So watch out Lori!! :)

I just hope my drysuit fits in there. 616fun's suit looks like it is MUCH more compact that I could ever fold mine. I guess I'll find out.

A plastic cargo crate makes more sense for your drysuit than any kind of bag.
Maybe. But kinda hard to put a strap on it and carry it over your shoulder to leave your hands free to carry other things.

Good, quality, AUTHENTIC milk crates are hard to get these days. The ones you can buy in stores a low quality crap and its hard to find stores that are still using real milk crates for you to rip off.

I have an old double-sized one that a friend gave me. I love it!! It's perfect for carrying 80 pounds of lead and other (much lighter) assorted things in. No room in there for my drysuit :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom