Dry Suit Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fed Ex just delivered my bag from LL Bean and I think it's going to work perfectly for my drysuit and accessories. It's built quite rugged and has plenty of room for my drysuit, rock boots and undergarments. Thanks again Diver Lori. :palmtree: Bob

I just got my bags from L.L. Bean (I ordered 2). I was skeptical about the size - but damned - these things are like caverns inside. Somehow, they managed to make the inside storage space of the bag larger than the exterior dimensions. They must have used some kind of inter-dimensional thread and weaving techniques!

Very sturdy material and zippers. I like how the zippers go wide open, allowing you to basically lay it open flat. Makes it a lot easier to put big things, such as a drysuit in there. Speaking of which, my drysuit fits in there, no problem at all. I'm shocked. SHOCKED!! Dude, I can even fit my big-assed fins and Passport BC in there!! I didn't try my Black Diamond BC - I think that would be a bit large, but I could make that fit too if I "broke it down" for travel.

They could easily sell this bag in dive shops at twice the price they're charging on L.L. Bean. All they would have to do is sew a dive flag on it and call it a "Diver's carry all" or something.

Thanks Lori!!! :)

It is a great bag isn't it? I ordered another one yesterday just to have a backup. :palmtree: Bob

I am definitely glad I ordered two instead of one - but kinda wishing I had ordered a third, just in case. But two should be plenty. If I rip it or something, I can always make a repair.

Lori,
You definately need to put in for commissions on these. Thanks again for a great find!

Well, might as well close the thread.

I just tried to order two more - the lady said they are OUT and are not getting any more.

So, I guess I'm glad I ordered two when I did.

WOW! I wonder if they will bring them back in their spring fishing catalog again next year. I ordered two more myself last month, one as a backup for me and one as a birthday gift for my dive buddy. I'm glad I ordered when I did!

I wouldn't take the bag on an airplane, but it sure is great for driving to dive!

It's kind of funny. We actually just started producing a Dry Suit bag that looks almost exactly like that one. It has the roll our tarp to get dressed on. I wonder if the same company is making them for LL Bean. It's not made of the two sided PVC material, but has the PVC material on the inside and a real durable Cordura on the outside. Unless it is some type of violation of selling terms on SB, I'll post some pics if you like.

WOW! I wonder if they will bring them back in their spring fishing catalog again next year.
I suspect the contracted for X number of bags and that is that. Given that they were selling their last few bags as a pretty significant discount ($35 vs $50) tells me that they were either really trying to get rid of them or maybe they were not a big seller.

I wouldn't take the bag on an airplane, but it sure is great for driving to dive!
Why not? Just put it in a canvas/cordura duffle and it would be fine. I bought a big-assed dufflebag to use this way so that I can check my huge Gregory Denali Pro backpack (http://www.trailspace.com/gear/gregory/denali-pro/) through the airline. It's a nice bag, would make a great target for thieves. Also has a lot of stuff hanging off - not good for automated equipment. So, I put it in a huge duffle and check it that way - it's fine. I'll probably do the same thing for these two LL Bean bags :)

Now - the nice thing is that the huge duffle also makes a great gear bag on its own. I've been using it to haul around all my diving stuff (you can't imagine how big this bag is). Kinda heavy when you fill it up though. I could easily put both full LL Bean bags in here and probably have room for 2 or 3 more. However, then you run into the airline weight limits :)

It's kind of funny. We actually just started producing a Dry Suit bag that looks almost exactly like that one. It has the roll our tarp to get dressed on. I wonder if the same company is making them for LL Bean. It's not made of the two sided PVC material, but has the PVC material on the inside and a real durable Cordura on the outside. Unless it is some type of violation of selling terms on SB, I'll post some pics if you like.

I take it as your showcasing a product. Your not direct to consumer selling right :D

I'd love to see the pictures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom