Dry Suit Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Lori

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I found THE bag for your drysuit! LLBean sent me one of their outdoor catalogs and I almost threw it in the recycling bin before looking at it. But in a moment of boredom, I decided to flip through it and I'm glad I did!

The bag I spied is a wet/dry bag for rubber wadders. I looked at the dimensions and thought it might work for my CLX450. Tried it out this week while cave diving in Florida and I must say I am impressed!

The bag is basically cut in half, one side is dry the other wet. The wet side has a mesh panel to allow air flow, the dry side is made of dry bag material. Both compartments have a nice heavy zipper, double handles and a shoulder strap.

In the wet side I put my suit, hood, gloves and boots. In the dry side I have my drysuit thinsulate underwear, wool socks, 2 sets of polypro long underwear, several Depends, dry clothes and several zip lock bags, etc. The center panel between the 2 sections is gusseted to allow one side or the other to take up more than half the space of the bag if needed. It even has a roll out section of material to stand on to keep your socked feet dry and clean if need be. I don't think it's big enough for our use, but it's there in a pinch.

This bag would not do well in airline travel due to the mesh panel, but otherwise I'm hooked!

Here's the link to the bag from the LLBean site. It's a steal at $49!

Wet/Dry Wader Duffle: Luggage and Gear Bags at L.L.Bean

FYI to anyone that found this bag of interest. I just ordered it. It's on clearance for $36.50, and if you use promotion code 3004789 you'll get free shipping as well!!! You have to call because they are no longer on the web site, as the inventory is low.

I just got this today. It easily fits my size 13 Rock Boots and my CLX450 drysuit. The drysuit is custom, but would align closely to a 3XL. Much better option than the standard sized DUI drysuit bag that barely fit my suit, let alone the boots. Not bashing the DUI bag quality, it's just not made for a suit the size of mine.

Can anyone provide the item# for this bag? None of the links are active any longer.

KH20107 per their catalog (see pic).

Attachments

• wet_dry_wader_bag.jpg
    wet_dry_wader_bag.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 457
Floater has the correct Item number.

KH20107 per their catalog (see pic).

I'm glad I looked at this post again! I just called LLBean and they do have some in stock and on sale! I ordered 2 more, 1 to tuck away for myself should I need it down the road, and one to give to my dive buddy for his birthday.

Thanks guys for the heads up!

LLBean's toll free number is 800-221-4221

I'm going to give this a try. I just ordered two - and that promo code for free shipping worked! The website says they're out, so you have to call I guess. Price is still $36.50 too.

I hope it works. The dimensions look quite small for a drysuit. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Thanks!

I'm going to give this a try. I just ordered two - and that promo code for free shipping worked! The website says they're out, so you have to call I guess. Price is still $36.50 too.

I hope it works. The dimensions look quite small for a drysuit. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Thanks!

Don't worry about the size. I am able to fit my suit (about a 3XL) and size 13 Rock Boots in the bag. On the dry bag size I can get my Under Armor, a few pairs of Carhart socks, and my fleece garments in with room to spare. The dry bag side will not hold my thickest undies, but I usually lay them on top of rest of my gear after packing the car anyway.

I've wanted a larger drysuit bag for awhile now and this looks like it will fit the bill. If a CLX 450 fits, then my TLS 350 should fit easily. I just ordered mine and got the free shipping as well! :wink: Thanks Diver Lori, Floater and 616fun for the good information. Now, I only have to wait for five days before it arrives. :palmtree: Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom