Dry Suit advice and suggestion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tamas

Contributor
Reaction score
So what do you guys think would be a better choice between these two dry suits. I am looking for something simple, cheap yet still durable in a 2mm or 3mm crushed/compressed neoprene. (not looking for shell).

Main thing is that it has to be around the $1000.00 mark with custom fitting, soft socks with rock boots, 2 pockets, dry gloves, suspenders, relieve valve and latex seals.ps. DUI/Viking is out of the question, don't feel like re-mortgaging the house BUT I am open to other suggestions in the same category and price range.

Hmm...I paid just a little over $1000 for the Posideon

I have - no pockets, no dry gloves, no suspenders though...very soft socks!

I didn't feel that I needed to go overboard.

My experience with:
1. Pockets is that they are a waste (usually too small to do anything with)

2. Dry gloves - What for? I'm not diving in hazardous waste - (I wear a pair of latex gloves under my 8mm gloves and believe me it really keeps my digits warm).

3. Never been a big fan of suspenders (even when they were in style - ha ha)

4. The Socks - I have a nice thick pair of wool socks that I bought at a sporting goods store.

Tamas:
DUI is out of the question, don't feel like re-mortgaging the house BUT I am open to other suggestions in the same category and price range.

if you fit a stock size, you can get some nice DUI prices in EBay. they sell
factory seconds and used for under $1,000

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=73994&item=7149102293&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=73994&item=7149427345&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

if you search every few days, you can find some nice deals

H2Andy:
if you fit a stock size, you can get some nice DUI prices in EBay. they sell
factory seconds for under $1,000

Nope, I am 5'11" and close to 300lbs.....stock is not an option - hence my problem with trying on suits for fit...nothing fits off the shelf.

i am extremely lucky. a stock medium DUI fits me perfectly

If your interested I have a top of the line DUI Signature Series CF200X that might fit you. I'm selling it for $1,600.00 it's the best you can get, and it's just about brand new. It was more than $2,300 bucks when I paid for it.
Let me know if your interested, I would need to speak with about measurements first. I have a feeling it will be a perfect fit.

Tamas:
So what do you guys think would be a better choice between these two dry suits. I am looking for something simple, cheap yet still durable in a 2mm or 3mm crushed/compressed neoprene. (not looking for shell).

Main thing is that it has to be around the $1000.00 mark with custom fitting, soft socks with rock boots, 2 pockets, dry gloves, suspenders, relieve valve and latex seals.ps. DUI is out of the question, don't feel like re-mortgaging the house BUT I am open to other suggestions in the same category and price range.

Thanks for the offer joncubas but as I said my limit is around $1000CAN and the DUI is out of the league (an to tell you the truth I don't like the looks of them much).....so back to my original question - which of the two and why?

Tamas:
Thanks for the offer joncubas but as I said my limit is around $1000CAN and the DUI is out of the league (an to tell you the truth I don't like the looks of them much).....so back to my original question - which of the two and why?
If your limit is $1000 Can...you should be looking at a Next Gen.

You won't get your list for $1000 Can in those two suits. Plus you forgot undies in your list, and crushed/compressed neoprene suits are still shell suits. They require undies.

JeffG:
If your limit is $1000 Can...you should be looking at a Next Gen.

You won't get your list for $1000 Can in those two suits. Plus you forgot undies in your list, and crushed/compressed neoprene suits are still shell suits. They require undies.

That's the thing I can! I can get both of those suits for around that mark at a LDS (plus tax of course) as far as undies are concerned, got that already.

I just need to know wich is the better choice.

Tamas:
That's the thing I can! I can get both of those suits for around that mark at a LDS (plus tax of course) as far as undies are concerned, got that already.

I just need to know wich is the better choice.
OK..Cool. (But I thought Bare didn't do custom ??????)...Anyhoo

Well, the suits don't look that much different, but I am only really familiar with the Bare. And they are fine drysuits.

I would look at the details of the options.

What kind of pockets come with the suits...stay away from zippers...velcro is good.
What does the Pee valve look like? What make is it? (The Diving concepts one looks like a drysuit exhaust valve?) Is it balanced/Unbalanced? Balanced is better IMO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom