Dry Suit advice and suggestion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffG:
OK..Cool. (But I thought Bare didn't do custom ??????)...Anyhoo

Well, the suits don't look that much different, but I am only really familiar with the Bare. And they are fine drysuits.

I would look at the details of the options.

What kind of pockets come with the suits...stay away from zippers...velcro is good.
What does the Pee valve look like? What make is it? (The Diving concepts one looks like a drysuit exhaust valve?) Is it balanced/Unbalanced? Balanced is better IMO

They do, that is why I was looking at them.

For the pockets I want 2 utility pockets with the Velcro closures (if you look at the Bare site, download their catalogue in a PDF you can see them there P/N 088948 - Bellows pocket with flap), and not a full blown pee valve with a catheter but just a relieve zipper in the front (sorry if I wrote it wrong) but that is not a must and can always be added later if I need it that badly.

I am more familiar with the Bare since they are more readily available and actually have info on their site, while the Tusa is very vague and limited.

Tamas:
Hello? Anybody out there?

Try a D6 is a 6mm neoprene suit that can be cusomom fitted there about 700 retail I believe and cusomtizable. What shop are you buying from? or is this a online purchase (if you don't mind me askin?)

Alex

Tamas:
Hello? Anybody out there?

I'm looking into getting a drysuit as well, and I suggest you look here:

https://www.divetank.com/gear/listproducts.php?categoryid=37

They're based in Vancouver, and have great deals. Topped with the warranty and a guaranteed fit, it's the best buy I've seen so far. They're an authorized Bare dealer as well, another thing you seemed to want. Since the base price on some of the suits is less than 700, you can add accessories and still stay within the 1000 budget.

There is another thread here on Scubaboard that's pretty much nothing but good things about this online/LDS:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=85938

You might want to try other manufacturers. You might want to try Whites, Abyss, Harvey's. If you shop around you might come up with better prices. I would go with the Bare if it was me. I currently use a DUI CLX 450 cordura trilam suit. It is the easiest one I've used and I've used a few over the past twenty seven years. Don't sell shell suits short, they are better than you might think. If your looking for vulcanized try AMRON International. Good luck...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom