Dry Gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own the SI Tech rings. I like them. They are marketed by Bare and Dive Rite (maybe others I don't know). They are a friction fit - they don't screw on. They do however, have a ring on them that screws the gloves off to make them come off easier. I have heard stories of divers using their knives to separate the old style rings and cutting gloves, seals and wrists. The rings install very easily as long as you go by the directions. They do take some experimenting to make sure you use the right ring for the type seals you have. If you use the wrong ring, they will disengage wth little force. You should be able to complete the task in about 10 minutes.

I have seen the Diving Concepts rings and I like them better. I have never used them but they seem more secure.

I like the smurff gloves. You can get them at any Home Depot for around $7.00.

I have also tried the crushed neo gloves. They are ok but I still prefer the smurff gloves.

Steve

Viking classic rings. No need for $30 pair of gloves just go to the local hardware store. Easy on easy off and you can visually see if it is sealed.

I'm looking at buying the Diving Concepts system but all their gloves seem to be a little too big for me. I do photography, so I need to have a good fitting pair with good dexterity. Which style has the best dexterity and come in smaller sizes?

I'm looking at buying the Diving Concepts system but all their gloves seem to be a little too big for me. I do photography, so I need to have a good fitting pair with good dexterity. Which style has the best dexterity and come in smaller sizes?

I've seen both the Diving Concepts (I think) and OS Systems rings. The OSS rings are much smaller than the onthers and than my PVC coupling rings. For gloves, Atlas 660's I believe have a more slender design than others (such as the 495's). You should have plenty of dexterity with either as long as the liners/insulation you use is warm enough but isn't too think. I also believe that the Viking gloves are slender as well but I'm not sure

Ive thouroughly tested the diving concepts gloves 300+ dives and I use at least 3 different types of outer gloves on them depending on where i am on the durability/dexterity scale.

I use a very heavy duty neoprene(no bubbles)glove Best Gloves 6781R It has minimum dexterity and maximum durability. You only want these for heavy work but you will not soon wear them out. I have yet to have one leak after years clawing and digging even among barnacles.

Ansell petroflex jersey lining with choice of liner gives med dexterity and long life.

Atlas Blue or thinner Orange vinylove fishing glove from your commercial fisheries supply store on the coast that fits your hand with or without your choice of liner for maximum dexterity and minimum resistance to cuts.

You can be warmer than you would be in any wet gloves with more dexterity. They do take some getting used to.

For photography you probably want to find the gloves that meet your needs of dexterity and have them put on your choice of rings.

I have the SI Tech gloves. The come with Altas 495's in large that are a little big for me. I went to the hardware store and bought a pair of the orange gloves (I think they called them stripping gloves and I found them in the paint section) and a pair of 660's in medium. The orange are the thinnest and I wear some thin polypro liners underneath for maximum dexterity. Not too good for the cold, though. The 660's seem to be a little bigger and are definitely thicker. I wear the thin polypro liner under a heavier knit glove and those are good down to the low 40's with warmness to spare. Dexterity is not too bad but not as good as the thin orange ones.

Back
Top Bottom