Question Dry Gloves Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So for all of those interested, I've given this a go and here are my findings.

1. Inserting the gloves directly into the ring system (in place of the wrist seals) has created a watertight seal.
2. There is very little squeeze on the gloves at depths up to 50m as the gloves are balanced with the suit.
3. Slipping into and out of the neck seal can be challenging as the gloves sometimes stick on the neck seal when trying to slip it over my head.
4. No punctures as of yet and I am being very mindful of where I place my hands.

I have may gloves 🧤 directly to the santi smart seals, no wrist seals. Only take the gloves off from the suit when needed to be replaced. Kind of happens 1-2 times a year. Warmest and easiest option I have ever had ⛄️ - different brands of suits obviously have different solutions. And of course with wolly undergarment gloves.. !

I have may gloves 🧤 directly to the santi smart seals, no wrist seals. Only take the gloves off from the suit when needed to be replaced. Kind of happens 1-2 times a year. Warmest and easiest option I have ever had ⛄️ - different brands of suits obviously have different solutions. And of course with wolly undergarment gloves.. !
What do you plan to do in the event of a large glove tear in sub 10°C water with a long decompression obligation?

Whatever people with DUI zip gloves do.

What do you plan to do in the event of a large glove tear in sub 10°C water with a long decompression obligation?
I plan to deal with it…

Not sure how often other divers tear their gloves during a dive but it never happened to me during a dive.

Honest question.. obviously that can happen, but have you ever known anyone that has gone through that?

I'm genuinely interested in what guys would do with the DUI zip seals?

Personally I dive with the seals cut back, but I don't do technical dives yet. I think when I do I'll probably throw new seals back in. I understand the concept that they can leak or rip... scary thought if you're stuck.

Interesting how much effort people will put into not buying a better solution.
I 100% agree with that.. I had started to post something about "why?"... but then I realized that some folks just like to dive off the beaten path.

I am loving my very inexpensive Rolocks more and more

Honest question.. obviously that can happen, but have you ever known anyone that has gone through that?

I'm genuinely interested in what guys would do with the DUI zip seals?

Personally I dive with the seals cut back, but I don't do technical dives yet. I think when I do I'll probably throw new seals back in. I understand the concept that they can leak or rip... scary thought if you're stuck.
I've had several drysuit floods in water slightly colder than that. With a proper wicking undergarment, it was more of an inconvenience than anything else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom