Dry gloves for smaller hands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need smaller dry gloves. I've switched from thicker fleece liners (I never used the yellow knit liners) with the blue gloves to the Pinnacle merino liners (yeah, I know I've said merino makes me itch, but not on my hands, everywhere else on my body, yep!:wink:). The gloves are too big with the merino liners. I've got the smallest size (medium). The medium sized blue gloves are now big enough that I had issues with the inflate button on my wing yesterday.

Have been using these DRIS Dive Gear BLUE PVC Dry Suit Glove Replacement | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL - Dive Right in Scuba

So now I'm on the hunt for smaller gloves. Has anyone used these? 620 PVC Dryglove - Dive Right in Scuba

The merino liners are thin enough that I suspect I'd be able to fit a small with those liners. Running by the shop in a few days.

Forget Marino wool for gloves. Marino wool is a fabulous layer for a "bare" (think skin against suit) D/S, or as a serious wicking layer for your undergarment layers. Useless in gloves. Gloves are all about water exchange. Start here for a cheap and effective first shot: XS Scuba 5mm Dry Five Pyrostretch Dry Gloves Buy a pair that are so small that they are a total B*** H to get onto your hands.

You can spend a fortune on gloves. If it is that important then your undergarments and exposure protection are all wrong. I use hands and head to dump heat, even ice diving...

I have the SiTech QCP dry glove ring system. I just need a smaller sized glove to go with that. I don't need wet suit gloves.

Ah! The gloves I mentioned are a great (cheap) start for either dry or wetsuits. Their claim to fame is that they *actually do* eliminate water exchange. Mine do this so well that I don't even get water in them in the first place.

Downside: Total PIA to don...

Forget Marino wool for gloves. Marino wool is a fabulous layer for a "bare" (think skin against suit) D/S, or as a serious wicking layer for your undergarment layers. Useless in gloves. Gloves are all about water exchange.
Wetgloves, perhaps. Drygloves, not so much IMNSHO. I prefer that my drygloves keep the water completely out, not that they exchange water. Like my drysuit. That's why I call them drygloves...

@Marie13 : I use the 620 gloves you link to, but I buy them in a hardware store. They're branded Showa and comes in several different sizes: SHOWA 620 | Showa Gloves Inside I use cheap wool gloves that I buy in the nearest discount sports store. Works like a charm. The best thing about them (except that they keep my hands dry, of course...) is that they cost only a fraction of what a pair of blue smurf gloves do . And the color coordinates very nicely with the orange accents on my Waterproof D7 :)

As we are quite a few female (tech) divers in Norway... our local dealer gets our smurfgloves made all the way down to X-S Nordic Blue - tørrhansker
If you're lucky, you might get them to ship :D

Wetgloves, perhaps. Drygloves, not so much IMNSHO. I prefer that my drygloves keep the water completely out, not that they exchange water. Like my drysuit. That's why I call them drygloves...

@Marie13 : I use the 620 gloves you link to, but I buy them in a hardware store. They're branded Showa and comes in several different sizes: SHOWA 620 | Showa Gloves Inside I use cheap wool gloves that I buy in the nearest discount sports store. Works like a charm. The best thing about them (except that they keep my hands dry, of course...) is that they cost only a fraction of what a pair of blue smurf gloves do . And the color coordinates very nicely with the orange accents on my Waterproof D7 :)

The orange gloves are only $4.99 at DRIS. I expect they'd be as cheap at the hardware store. I'll investigate that this week.

The orange gloves are only $4.99 at DRIS. I expect they'd be as cheap at the hardware store. I'll investigate that this week.

That's cheap. Buy several pairs.

My best bet for gloves (and selection) are at marine supply stores. Usually magnitudes cheaper than dive stores for the exact same glove, and more selection.... might be worth a try

_R

Back
Top Bottom