Dry gloves for smaller hands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tried 2 hardware stores on my lunch today. They have the gloves, but only size medium and up. Still too big for me. I need a small, which DRIS has in stock - at $5 a pair. The hardware stores were more expensive than that.

Tried 2 hardware stores on my lunch today. They have the gloves, but only size medium and up. Still too big for me. I need a small, which DRIS has in stock - at $5 a pair. The hardware stores were more expensive than that.

Yes, get them there. They're cheap and you can try them on with liners.

...//... I use the 620 gloves you link to, but I buy them in a hardware store. They're branded Showa and comes in several different sizes: SHOWA 620 | Showa Gloves Inside I use cheap wool gloves that I buy in the nearest discount sports store. Works like a charm. ...//...
I retract my suggestion as being only adequate and functional. I will test the recent suggestion as a possible superior alternative.

I have learned to trust Scandanavian advice concerning cold water...

I need a small, which DRIS has in stock - at $5 a pair. The hardware stores were more expensive than that.
I'd say the answer is pretty obvious, then :)

BTW and FTR: You're using a ring system, aren't you? Because those gloves don't have a latex seal and need to be mounted on a ring system. Mine were also rather long in the cuff, so I trimmed off about 10cm/4" after mounting them on the rings.

Last edited:
Yes, I have a SiTech ring system. On the gloves I've been using, I had to cut some off, as well as they were too long in the cuff.

Ran down to the shop tonight. Got 2 pairs of the orange Showa and 1 pair of the blue. These are the ones meant to be worn without a liner. The small was too small, but the medium fit just right with the merino liners. One of the guys in the shop showed me the trick of getting the inner rings on easier, since I had a tough time the first time when I originally got the ring system back in the fall. The orange gloves are thinner, the blue more durable, but I'm not grabbing onto zebra mussel covered wrecks for the time being, so the orange it is. Orange were $4.99 and the blue were $5.99. Can't beat that. I would have gotten another pair of the orange but they had no more in my size.

The orange gloves are thinner
Which IMO is an advantage when I'm operating my camera.

Oh, yes, congratulations with your new drygloves. I know quite a few who buy their gloves in a hardware store or a store selling equipment for fishermen because it's a lot cheaper than smurf gloves from the LDS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom