Dry Gloves for Small Hands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeyd917

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I recently started diving dry. We bought a set of the SI Tech Dry Gloves, but hers seem to be way to big. I believe she has about the smallest set of gloves available. I believe they're medium and I hear medium may be the smallest available.

Anyone out there have any suggestions?

Aren't those the ones that use the rubber gloves you buy at any home or farm store? Go look for smaller gloves and change them out.

Mmm...that actually sounds kinda smart! Thanks!

Atlas Gloves - Chemical Resistant

Try ordering either 620 or 660. Blue is thicker, orange has more flexibility but a little thinner. I had one set of orange last 80 dives without leaking, the blue lasted longer. They are quite inexpensive so best to order both Medium & Small to find the perfect fit.

Medium is perfect for me with a thin wool glove from an army surplus store, I'm a 5'4" female.

My hands are small enough that the hospital where I was a surgeon had to special-order my surgical gloves. I use the Atlas orange gloves in a medium, with a polarfleece liner, and that works very well. The blue Atlas gloves have fingers that are too long.

TSandM-what size surgical gloves do you wear? That could be a good way for me to figure out what size to get.
What dry glove system do you use? I was looking at Diving Concepts rings, since I have a DC suit.

Thank you, we'll give those a try.

You can try the 660 (blue) and the 620 (orange) $5.44 @ GRAINGER. Find a liner you like, I found wool army gloves, and take it with you to the store to try them on. The Home Depot gloves are ok but seem irregular and not as well articulated. Don't try the 481 (what you already have) or the 460, although they do come in small. They are bigger to accommodate a loose fitting liner. A tighter fitting (on the hand) liner seems to give me much better dexterity with just enough air space between the glove and liner to keep my hands warmer.

Glove,PVC Coated,Blue,Size M,Pr
Item # 1PA55
PVC Coated Glove, Supported, Size Medium, Material Triple Dipped PVC, Seamless Cotton Knit Lining, Rough Finish, Color Blue, Gauntlet Size 12 In
SHOWA BEST
660M-08
2431Ready to Ship
1$5.44

Atlas Gloves - Chemical Resistant

Try ordering either 620 or 660. Blue is thicker, orange has more flexibility but a little thinner. I had one set of orange last 80 dives without leaking, the blue lasted longer. They are quite inexpensive so best to order both Medium & Small to find the perfect fit.

Medium is perfect for me with a thin wool glove from an army surplus store, I'm a 5'4" female.

Each pair of Atlas gloves costs less than $4 from Marine Seattle. So no reason not to try a few.

I have a pair of DC dryglove rings which functions quite well. They allow you the option of keeping the wrist seal while wearing the gloves -- which provides a redundant seal just in case a glove did leak, rip or tear. It's a little challenging to install the gloves on DC rings ("A" clips with plastic tips from the building supply store will be the 3rd & 4th hand you need :).

The DS ring system has low bulk and don't seem to get in the way.

Back
Top Bottom