Dry Glove Size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve

Wow.....what a DB
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently took the leap and purchased a drysuit and bought a Viking/bayonet dry glove system with it. The suit fits well however my hands seem to be just barely small enough to fit through the ring that mounts inside of the latex seal.

Surely I cannot be the only drysuit diver with large hands so I am asking what else is available. I know Viking has another system that is about 1/16" bigger on the ID but I question whether that will be sufficient. The shop that I purchased this from is trying to find a solution but I am calling on the wealth of wisdom that is ScubaBoard.

I have not yet dove what I have so there is the possibility that the fit will improve after the 4 dives I have scheduled this weekend however I am not holding my breath.

I appreciate any and all possible solutions that will help keep my hands warm and dry.

Last edited:
I have a similar problem with my Viking rings. But I still like the definitive closure of the Viking system.

There's a great drysuit ring thread on DecoStop.

If your hands are barely small enough to fit through the rings, then that means that it fits, right? :)

Yeah, some people have larger hands than others. It appears that yours are just small enough to use the Viking Bayonet system.

The fit won't improve after any number of dives, since neither the ring nor your hands will change size over time.

FWIW, the OD (outer diameter?) of the ring is not as important as the inner diameter...because the inner diameter is what your hand will fit through.

I only have the Viking Bayonet system, so I can't compare it to the Diving Concepts or Si-tech systems. Sorry.

The beautiful thing about the dryglove systems that use friction-ring attachments (anchoring the suitside rings to latex wrist seals) is that it's likely you can swap them out and try your buddy's. :D

Last edited:
I have the SI-tech lock rings. I like them so far...only have two dives on them (new years and saturday) and they work good so far. they are easy to self-don when you get then adjusted and trimmed. plus there is plenty of room for larger hands to get through the installed ring on the drysuit as well as the gloves are plenty big enough.

I'll let you take a look at them next weekend. If you want I have a pair of wet gloves that I can bring along for ya If you don't want to buy some.

For comparison, I just measured my DC "snap on" rings - the inner diameter is 3-3/8.

(Minus the thickness of your inner seal if you want to leave one).

The Si Tech Glovelock is the largest Inner Diameter of any of the ring systems. If you have big hands, it is the one you want. I can measure it tomorrow when back at the shop if you want. Did you see the video on our site? It shows my hand going through. I have pretty big hands and it is great. Quit a few of our local customers have big hands too, and they rave about it vs. other systems they have owned.

Si Tech Glove Lock Dry Glove System - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

The Si Tech Glovelock is the largest Inner Diameter of any of the ring systems. If you have big hands, it is the one you want. I can measure it tomorrow when back at the shop if you want. Did you see the video on our site? It shows my hand going through. I have pretty big hands and it is great. Quit a few of our local customers have big hands too, and they rave about it vs. other systems they have owned.

He'll get to see it up close and personal next weekend. I did forget out your vid though mike....

Thanks for this. Dimensions would be really appreciated. Also, in looking at the SI Tech website that Kyle sent to me before, there seems to be a system that gets glued in place and one that appears to be identical to the Viking system (installed with a press fit by the diver). Just to confirm, the Glovelock is the system where the unit is installed by pressing the seal in between an inner ring and the main body of the Glovelock?

Back
Top Bottom