Drumroll, Please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc once bubbled...
(and it seldom ever is)... very, very few users get on my "bad" list. I like building bridges; not burning them! Master Chief got there when AFTER I defended him in a thread, he just plain turned on me. A couple of others got close, but niether you nor the ubiquitous Wreck Writer ever got in the ball park. I actually asked for one of Tom's books for Christmas. Really, really!

I will usually send a PM trying to promote peace... not to flame the instigator. While I can be firm, I try to be fair. Hey, I dis myself more than anyone else on this board. It's only right!!!

You got that right Pete. Keeping the peace, is, I think one of the tasks we all try to do.

But you know, having another excuse to "have to be on SB" works too!

with my knee high rubber boots and pitchfork to create a path for myself thru the BS that is flying to offer my congrats to the newbie members of the MOD SQUAD.............................:boom:

Butch103, you've gotta do better'n that!

Sucking Up

8.5 8.6 9.0 7.8 8.5 9.1

Originality

7.3 6.2 8.5 6.7 7.8 8.2

Ok so based on the criterion that one must bite one's tongue quite a few have disqualified themselves - correct? And trolls and flames are negative brownie points too - correct?

By this objective many members, who's names I'll withhold (but not because they're innocent) have pretty much removed themselves from the running.

The one question still unanswered ... is there a number of posts, a magic total before one is considered? From what I've seen there doesn't seem to be any logic to this.

DiverBuoy once bubbled...
Ok so based on the criterion that one must bite one's tongue quite a few have disqualified themselves - correct? And trolls and flames are negative brownie points too - correct?

By this objective many members, who's names I'll withhold (but not because they're innocent) have pretty much removed themselves from the running.

The one question still unanswered ... is there a number of posts, a magic total before one is considered? From what I've seen there doesn't seem to be any logic to this.
I don't think flames are negative things since I knew some of the regs before they were regs. I don't think brownie points count either...there are a lot of people on the board (and this thread too) that are blatantly trying to suck up...you don't want that quality in someone who will be a moderator. You want someone who stands their ground and won't cower when they have to lay the smack down on some idiot poster.

I don't think post count has anything to do with it...some regs only had a couple hundred before promotion. I don't know what the magic elixir to regulatordom is...but I bet if you went to some stuff and met the others in person it would help you out. Go to wreckmania...IMHO, that's your best chance.

I comes from all those things that O-Ring Lube (aka KY Jelly) mentioned, plus you have to be just a little bit left of center.

Or so it seems. Unless you're on of the Docs.

The ONLY reason post count would come into play is for them to get a "feel" for a person. Natasha, I am speaking figureativily here!

Iguana Don once bubbled...
I comes from all those things that O-Ring Lube (aka KY Jelly) mentioned, plus you have to be just a little bit left of center.

Or so it seems. Unless you're on of the Docs.

The ONLY reason post count would come into play is for them to get a "feel" for a person. Natasha, I am speaking figureativily here!
You have to sign a declaration that you don't believe in the first amendment and that you will wax KN's car once a month during the summers and bi-monthly in the winters.

In my opinion what gets one elevated is a combination of several things:

1- Liked by other regs (as I assume one must be nominated and voted on by other regs)

2- Not easily intimidated

3- Not prone to loss of temper

4- Ability to flame without seeming to flame

5- Perceived honesty

6- Ability to spend a lot of time on the board

7- Not prone to swearing/cussing

Not neccesarily in that order.

Several of these obviously leave me forever out of the running :)

Tom

O-ring once bubbled...

See, Tom! It was just a matter of time...I am sure you are next...put in a good word for me once you get up there, ok?

I'd have to say that the odds are against you.... (and you too, O-ring). You both cause entirely too much trouble, unlike myself.

I had a lot of trouble typing that with a straight face:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom