Drumroll, Please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WreckWriter once bubbled...
Interesting choices.
I thought you were a shoe-in...

O-ring once bubbled...
I thought you were a shoe-in...

I had to end up voting against Tom. After witnessing the neutering of Uncle Pug, I couldn't bear to see Tom loose his fire...[not to mention how he'd need his anti-psychotic coming through an IV drip].

Tom:
You'll be able to "Be yourself" and have more fun, not as a regulator. You have to trust us on this.

Since a higher percentage of members are from the U.S., and more regs were from here, we wanted to open the "Mod Squad" to become more international. It also helps us when the U.S. is asleep to have other parts of the world watching over the board.
I do think there will be a few more promotions soon, though.

I do think there will be a few more promotions soon, though.
See, Tom! It was just a matter of time...I am sure you are next...put in a good word for me once you get up there, ok?

Is the criterion written down anywhere? Is it a certain number of posts - I see many 1500 to over 2000 post folks that aren't regulators. I even see saw one regulator where it still showed how many posts they had it was like 600 or so. Is it all done by committee - what constitutes a regulator, senior regulator, other titles? What do regulators do?

I gathered from this thread:

Check and correct spelling

Delete posts

Become neutered in "free" expression and the delivery of beatings - because of the need for role-model behavior I presume?

Move out-of-context threads to other places

Create new threads from existing threads

Vote in (or out) new regulators

What other tasks?

O-Ring, I don't see it happening any time soon for either you or I :) We'll just have to choke back our disappointment and hope that they don't elect someone that really dislikes us!

In truth, the only reason I'd want in would be to get a look at the regulator's forum!

Let's see, who might be next? I have a few nominations (being serious here)........ Chad Harlan, LargeDiver, DetroitDiver, MSilvia.

Tom

Congratulations! Happy holidays to all!:D

WreckWriter once bubbled...
O-Ring, I don't see it happening any time soon for either you or I :) We'll just have to choke back our disappointment and hope that they don't elect someone that really dislikes us!

In truth, the only reason I'd want in would be to get a look at the regulator's forum!

Let's see, who might be next? I have a few nominations (being serious here)........ Chad Harlan, LargeDiver, DetroitDiver, MSilvia.

Tom
Does your dismissal of both of us as potential regulators have anything to do with Diverbuoy's 4th statement?
Become neutered in "free" expression and the delivery of beatings - because of the need for role-model behavior I presume?
If that's the case, I can't believe they haven't promoted us yet and used it to shut us up... :D I mean, shoot, even the deranged need role models, right?

We have four types of moderators...

1) Upper Managerial... LD, KN and a couple of others fit here. They take care of decisions and a lot of the day to day maintenance of the server.

2) Enforcers... most of the Mod Squad fits here. They are the ones who try their best to tick people off by deleting various words, threads etc for content and keeping all of the DIR posts in their own little corner (OK, we don't actually do that, but I have been accused of it).

3) Experts... all the Docs ('cept me) fall in here, with others like RainReg who bring a certain amount of credibility to our great board.

4) N'er do wells... OK, I am the only member of this elite class of the Mod Squad. I spend the majority of my time on the board in utter frivolity making stoopid jokes about this or that and in general having as much fun at your expense as possible. Correct your spelling??? HAH! Unfortunately, they won't let me play with it or we would really have some fun. I like it when silly people look silly :tease: But hey, they couldn't control me, so they promoted me... :tease:

While all of the mods can weigh in on who becomes a mod, it is not just a popularity contest. There are obvious qualities that are needed ,such as being outgoing (check my profile), not TOO offensive (don't check my profile), respected by most of the board (Ok, see- I am the exception again), and they should bring something unique to the Squad. If you look at each moderator closely you can see the wisdom in them being part of the few, the proud, the
Mod Squad!

Welcome to our new comrades in arms... (and if any of you aspire to that fourth class of moderatorship, I have an ON (Open N'er do well) class starting up this January. We cover topics like OOH- Out Of Humor, and how to achieve Perfect One Liners)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom