Drop shot? (Quick answer needed)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been looking for cheap lead shot to use for soft scuba weights. Saw this on ebay: Raymond Lead Co. drop shot 25# cloth bag - (eBay item 160160346472 end time Sep-28-07 12:43:03 PDT)

The seller doesn't know anything, so can anyone here help tell me what drop shot is and would it do for scuba?

I was thinking the big number 6 on the bag could indicate the size of the lead shot inside if in fact drop shot is some kind of lead shot.

The auction is about to end so that's why I need a quick answer.

cfc5_1.JPG

The way I see it that auction is only for the bag, there is not "shot" included.

Look at local gun shops that have reloading supplies. They should have lead shot for making our own weight bags.

On the other hand I've never been in a dive shop that did not have soft weight already made up at very reasonable prices.

Is there a special reason you want to make your own?

On second thoughts I think you are right. Why people buy empty old bags is beyond me but apparently they do - I checked out one of the bidder's histories and that's exactly what he had been buying. Must be a collector's thing...

As for filling my own soft weights I have one backplate sausage/V weight pouch that I need lead shot for anyway, so I might as well make some regular soft weights while I'm at it. I need to buy the lead shot in bulk anyway.

Floater.... How many lbs are you looking for? I don't think you need all 25lb...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom