Drinks anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm just going to throw this out and see what becomes of it. Considering it's cold outside and,at the moment,the area water temps are keeping the majority of us from doing any local diving,I was wondering if any of the other Swampers want to get together for a happy hour or something? We at least need to practice or drinking skills,right? Seems there was an attempt to do something like this a couple of months ago,but nothing ever became of it(in the DFW area.)We don't need 150 people to do a happy hour....2 or more and we're good to go,but the more the merrier.We're in Fort Worth,so I'm partial to some place close to Fort Worth,or half way between Dallas and FW.Anyone game?

Tommy

I would love to try the same thing here in Houston but I don't know where the rest of the Southern Swampers have gotten off to! At least they haven't been posting...

I'm up for it.

I'm always up for a meeting of the Swampers. Unfortunately, the place we've been going (Front Row Grill at The Ballpark) is no more. However, there are a multitude of other places to go for a drink and snacks. Happy Hour sounds good to me. How about one our local Pappadeaux's, mardigrastexan? I love their hurricanes and swamp-things...

Ken...what happened to the Ballpark place?

I would welcome the opportunity to practice my drinking skills with new friends... we have a couple hour drive to arlington, but if the dates are good, it's not a problem. What? Did you say next weekend? Wow, we're going to be in the DFW area anyway! (I do understand completely if you pick a weekday however- happy hour is MUCH more affordable!) I would need to plan around my precious soon-to-be-born grandchild's baby shower next sat in lewisville. Please let me know what you decide! Thanks,
Foo

Dee:
Ken...what happened to the Ballpark place?

The Front Row Grill went out of business at the end of the baseball season. It happened right about the time I was trying to get another group meeting going. For some reason or another, they chose not to renew their lease when it expired. They say there will be another restaurant moving in, but it won't be until this spring.

I'm up for it. i got a few reasons to go out for a drink but i can use this excuse. lemme know when, next Saturday is good for me, Arlington, Fort Worth or wherever.

Thanks for replying everyone. As far as my g/f and I go,next Friday or Saturday is good. I suggest we wait until Monday evening to make a final decision on the date and destination.This will give more people ample time to reply to the thread. My personal suggestion/vote on location would be Fox and Hound,Pappacito's or Pappadeaux's(basically any "dive" is fine with us.)

Foo, we certainly would like to include the two of you in the festivities.Let us know what's a good time on Saturday. If we go with next Saturday we'll try our best to make it a time that can include you.

Thanks again everyone,
Tommy

Back
Top Bottom