Drifting diver rescued from Gulf of Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No SMB? No whiste/DiveAlert? And this guy was an instructor?
How many D-merits is that worth?

DiveAlert anyone?
I never dive without mine, not even practice dives in a New Mexico spring 60 feet across - or my mirror, sausage, Storm whistle in case OOA, white trash bag to float on the surface besides me for planes.
Why do images of Wile E. Coyote skipping across the water riding an ACME oxygen tank come to mind?
Makes about as much sense.
Aloha ...

While I truly appreciate your humor and sarcasm here ... "we" here on Kauai were recently "censored" by the SB Moderator and our forum and posts were "closed" because we were speaking "truth" about a needless death at the hands of a DM recently.

HOW do YOU guys get away with this banter? Isn't this STILL a public forum where divers and non-divers alike can read what we post?

I don't get it.
That is different, and I certainly don't know the case or the thread, but you can appeal it. Talk to NetDoc. He stands by his Mods, but he is also fair with members - and does his best when the two objectives are not compatible.

No guarantees, tho. We're not allowed to discuss deaths of a DM and Texas tourist to bad air on Roatan two years ago, and there is a thread about such in Near Misses now.
This story is a good example of why the Fling mandates everyone have a SMB---(& warns you before certain dives when/if you miss the tag line, be prepared for a 30 to 60 minute surface drift.........hmmm)........glad everything turned out OK for this coonass......
Yep, and it amazes me that divers would get on headed 100 miles out without their own. The boat furnishes them as needed, and some do.
No SMB? No whiste/DiveAlert? And this guy was an instructor?
How many D-merits is that worth?
You know, it seems that the Insts I've dived with carry the least safety gear. I guess they think they don't need as much.

You know, it seems that the Insts I've dived with carry the least safety gear. I guess they think they don't need as much.
Unfortunately, that was the case last year on the Spiegel when four experienced divers did a deep penetration with single Al80's and no reels... Turned out to be lethal for three of them...

If you got to foxnews.com, there is an interview with the guy. Its getting pumped up with sharks circling him etc....

Gawd what a good place for a link...!

Thanks Dale! :thumb: After I popped off about wanting a link, I thot I'd go find it, come back, edit it in - but couldn't, then had to leave.

What pathetic journalism. :11: Just pitiful...

I hate it when my oxygen tank malfunctions causing undertow.
Hey, hey ... it was undertow that caused my oxygen tank to malfunction.

Thanks Dale! :thumb: After I popped off about wanting a link, I thot I'd go find it, come back, edit it in - but couldn't, then had to leave.

What pathetic journalism. :11: Just pitiful...

I thought I would cut him some slack since he only has 13 posts. I still know what it is like to be new to the board. At least he didn't ask about online purchases or split fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom