Drifting diver rescued from Gulf of Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha ...

While I truly appreciate your humor and sarcasm here ... "we" here on Kauai were recently "censored" by the SB Moderator and our forum and posts were "closed" because we were speaking "truth" about a needless death at the hands of a DM recently.

HOW do YOU guys get away with this banter? Isn't this STILL a public forum where divers and non-divers alike can read what we post?

I don't get it.

I suppose we get away with it because we are making fun of the spokesman. Nobody died here. A diver went for a swim for a few hours. I suspect if this had been a tragedy nobody here would be making fun of it. The spokesman deserves to be ridiculed for making silly statements.

:popcorn: You forgot to add 4 lbs of hamburger in a mesh bag in case you have to drift for hours, Drifting makes me hungry.

Hmm, wonder is there is a market for lightweight reflective and orange balloon that fits easily in BC pockets. I find that many BC pockets are too small to carry the larger SMB's. Had my SMB come off and floated away climbing up the dive ladder one time.

This is actually why I never dive without my blow up doll and or sheep, a small pocket mirror (to make sure my hair is pretty for the rescue news media) and a small bottle of Rum. You never know when you are going to be drifting for countless hours in desperate need of a rum and sea water.

If you recall from open water these folks died because they did not have a whistle. I never like to bring my wistle because it effects my bouyancy, but I am just a big risk taker.

This story is a good example of why the Fling mandates everyone have a SMB---(& warns you before certain dives when/if you miss the tag line, be prepared for a 30 to 60 minute surface drift.........hmmm)........glad everything turned out OK for this coonass......

I suppose we get away with it because we are making fun of the spokesman. Nobody died here. A diver went for a swim for a few hours. I suspect if this had been a tragedy nobody here would be making fun of it. The spokesman deserves to be ridiculed for making silly statements.

HEAR HEAR!!!! RIGHT ON!

Glad he is OK, but what are the odds of being found? Me I'd sill be floating past Cuba by now.

Glad he is OK, but what are the odds of being found? Me, I'd sill be floating past Cuba by now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom