Dragon Quest , Murray, Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

COME ON! The more the merrier. No camping on this trip (sadly). However, I'm bringing my grill and have an icechest full of hotdog and braut mak'ns... I even have saurkraut for the purists. I've got enough for at least 15 people... or 8 really hungry ones.

I bought an 8000 btu portable propane heater thing...although after loading the truck and breaking a sweat this evening, I doubt we'll need it.

Richerso... do you need tanks? I've got 2 (full) spares in the garage if you need them.

COME ON! The more the merrier. No camping on this trip (sadly). However, I'm bringing my grill and have an icechest full of hotdog and braut mak'ns...

I'm pretty sure I don't want to see the mak'ns for either brats OR hotdogs. :D

Have fun guys. I wish I could join you. I'm still cold from last week though.

My trip south this weekend got scrubbed....if my chest cold is better in the morning I may slide that way in the morning....I packed the car to be on the optimistic side.

Well, It looks like we have most of the motley crew in route.

Any other takers that want to join the elite few?:D

Loading truck now. See y'all at 9:30am ! ! !

Eagerly awaiting the post-dive wrap-up. If John and Kory will just stop e-mailing each other and post a report...:D

You guys got a beautiful day for it.

MAN What a day! There was barely any wind; the lake was like glass; the campground was deserted, save a collection of divers that kept to themselves in the woods. Outside temp was 72. The 5 of us made our first dive about 10:30, 3 of us in wet suits, the other two opted for the warmer approach with dry suits. TexDiveGuy entered the water with his "we come in peace take us to your leader" 2 1/2 tank spaceman rig. We started the dive with a bone reading from Timeliner...and man was it on the money; I'll let Richerso tell THAT story. We took 330 from the marrietta landing beach (towards the no-wake bouy's). Vis was 5-6 feet, lower at times...We found a cool old creek channel, that Timeliner et al had discovered previously, but was new for Kory and I. Water temp was a balmy 46 for the entire dive, I think we hit 56 max depth on that dive; dive time around 35 bone chilling minutes.

With Dragon Lair 2 in full operational status we warmed up in front of our new propane space heater (holy cow that thing puts off some SERIOUS WARM!!!!) We then made lunch of brauts, hot dogs, saurkraut, cookies and brownies as advertised, then basked under a warm partly cloudy sky; good times had by all...After a moving and heartwarming ceremony, Richerso was officially inducted into the Dragon Divers...

Dive #2 kicked off around 1:30...we further explored the channel, max dept around 60 feet. We added a (another) mushroom anchor to the treasure chest. Kory and I clocked 45 minutes on that dive.

We broke down the dragon lair around 5, and debriefed at a Mexican restaraunt in Marrietta (after a successful attempt to keep Timeliner OUT of the wig shop)....whew..that was a close one.

We should have brought the dragon lair 1 gear and stayed the night.

Somehow it always seems more colorful when you tell it.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom