Dragon Quest , Murray, Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kunk35

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dragon lair 2 will be set up at lake Murray this Saturday. The Johnny and I had so much fun polarbearing at CSSP on Tuesday, that we felt like we just didn't get enough cold water for our tastes.

We're officially requesting the presence of fellow dragon divers, (and you know who you are), and anyone else that wants to explore lake Murray for a few hours. I'm sure Rhonda can be persuaded to make some sort of foodstuffs, cuz it's just not a dragon dive without something tasty and sweet.

Looks like it's going to be nice, with a bit of a breeze. (30 mph breeze) Just enough to keep the flags flyin and make a few relaxing swells. The wind should take care of that whimpy clear water stuff, so Frank, you should be comfortable and feel right at home.

Same drill, about 9:30 at the Marietta landing entry point. All are welcome!

Well, everyone but egoboy.....

Yes, we're all still planning on going the 20th. I should have my new stuff by then, and I'll be wanting to try it out! I think Kory and John are afraid the recent great vis at Murray will be gone by then, and they won't get to see it!

Either that, or they just enjoy freezing to death.

Rhonda:D

Yes, we're all still planning on going the 20th. I should have my new stuff by then.........

Ok...what new goodies do you have coming in....sounds neat..?

Well, I was just a teensy bit too cold at CSSP the other day, so I ordered a Hooded vest. Hood is a 7mil, vest is a 3mil. Since that wasn't as much as I thought it would be, I went ahead and ordered 3mil neoprene socks to go under my boots, and 7 mil hyperstretch gloves.

It was all very reasonable, (LeisurePro) a lot less than I thought it would be. Kory is so sweet, he got it all for me, as an early birthday present!:blinking:

oooops, I don't think he knows he got me gloves, and socks too though. Oh well. He knows now!:D (I'll just make extra cookies for Saturday....)

Rhonda

Well, I was just a teensy bit too cold at CSSP the other day, so I ordered a Hooded vest. Hood is a 7mil, vest is a 3mil. Since that wasn't as much as I thought it would be, I went ahead and ordered 3mil neoprene socks to go under my boots, and 7 mil hyperstretch gloves.

It was all very reasonable, (LeisurePro) a lot less than I thought it would be. Kory is so sweet, he got it all for me, as an early birthday present!:blinking:

oooops, I don't think he knows he got me gloves, and socks too though. Oh well. He knows now!:D (I'll just make extra cookies for Saturday....)

Rhonda

Way to go 'girl'!!!!

I bet you will be much more comfy on your future chilly dives..... :wink:

I think Kory and John are afraid the recent great vis at Murray will be gone by then, and they won't get to see it!

Either that, or they just enjoy freezing to death.

2 Corrections... it's not that we think the great vis will be gone by then, we simply don't believe it exists in our beloved Murray... (which begs the question, would great vis at Murray ruin our favorite dive spot?...It could, but I hope not, VIS is SO over rated...)

And The Johnny does not get cold...he just complains about the possibility of being cold... 'member...I moved here from Montana...Y'all don't know what cold is until you've had icecicles hanging from your mustache...

I bet the Vis will be there. If the water was warm it would make you feel cheap!

It won't be warm though !

Hey Rhonda ..... You know those rubber Mr. Bill stress management toys that you squeeze and they're eyes pop out ???
When I started to dive in the Winter and first put on all that neoprene before I put on my hood My Eyes and ears buldged out thats what I looked like :D

I bet Richerso , TexDiveGuy and ZzzKing will say that my head was already that big
:rofl3:

Thats why I'd rather hang out with Daisy :blinking:
She doesn't make fun of me because she has really big hands.
The other day she informed me that she has worms too :confused:
Thats OK I guess cause I like to go Fishing ! :crafty:

Anyway..... Put your hood on first !!! :wink:

I am, however... picking up one of those cool propane tank top heaters tomorrow to make the wetsuit exit procedure less "exciting"...

I figure we should put the popup up, toss the sides on it... we might be able to cut the wind chill with that...

I may get 2... does someone have an extra propane tank they can bring if I do?

I've got a couple propane tanks. I'll make sure at least one is full.

Keep in mind it is supposed to be up to 65 on Saturday. So by midmorning it should be at least 50 or so.

Back
Top Bottom