Dr. Bill Needs Buddy for 2,000 Foot Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, there was a diver inside. He was delayed a bit in getting out when the "sled" the suit slides on to get into the boat failed to move initially. I think he was also doing some heavily breathing inside.

The other diver had a watch cap on with the word "ANIMAL" embroidered on the frot. I believe him.

However, diving with these guys reminds me of my early years in SCUBA... no women! No thanks.

Brandon:
That looks like fun!

Can you wrestle each other in them?

-B

Bwhahahahaha!!! :rofl3: I was thinking the same thing!!
So what did they wear under the suit Dr B? Regular clothing, drysuit undies, or ??

What were they looking for or filming?

Wow-- I wish I could be hoisted back up onto the boat with my doubles & stages, how easy would that be LOL

Mo2vation:
Dude ran out of spit. Look at that fogged helmet.:D

Maybe it's just smoke from his cigar :wink:

MissyP:
Bwhahahahaha!!! :rofl3: I was thinking the same thing!!
So what did they wear under the suit Dr B? Regular clothing, drysuit undies, or ??

What were they looking for or filming?

I think one had a set of fleece undies and the other was in sweats.

They were just doing drills... working on nuts, bolts, shackles and the like with those mechanical arms.

Dr. Bill, very cool! Have they been doing the drills for a few weeks? I think we saw the vessel last time we went over to Avalon (the weekend before all the crummy weather and gale force winds).

Yes, they've been off our coast for a while now, Cynde.

Funny observation, Randy. A No-MOF'fer. I'll have to check their training manual to make sure that was written into the procedures!

Thanks for the picture info. It's really interesting. I saw pictures of the commercial diver on the Edmond Fitz wearing a suit similar to the one shown in your picture.

Incidentally, I wear my mask on forehead or I have a mess with the necklace.

Back
Top Bottom