Dove West Bank Park on Sat.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Borg,

By definition it satisfies PADI's requirements for a "deep dive", but not mine.

I think one should hit 100 feet.

LLM bottoms out at 75.

Dive Haven or ABWA would be better.

the K

How do you get to the Two Mile Creek area? It sounds much better for diving than WBP.

I'm going to try to make it up there next Sat. a.m. real early before the boat traffic starts, to do some practice shallow dives and work on my trim.
Here are directions: go 400 north to Exit 17. Exit and take a right go about 2 miles to Browns Bridge road intersection. Take a right stay on Browns Bridge Rd., until you cross bridge over Lanier. Keep going until you see Bethel Rd. sign on your right, take a right on Bethel Rd. follow signs until you dead end into Two Mile Creek Park. There is no charge to park. There is a cove to the left where there are picnic tables and some decent places to enter the water. No sand beaches, but still some clay and rocky shore to geared up on.

If I make it up there, I'm going to stay fairly shallow, 30-35ft. until I get the hang of my new BC and computer. But, I am going to get deeper as time goes by to get ready for my AOW checkout dives later this summer.
Murky, cold lake water is not one of my favorite dives, but the clear, warm Gulf waters I so love are always about 300 miles from me and my front door until later this summer when I hopefully will get down there for a few days for some vacation time with the family.
So, I will dive "the hand I'm dealt" until then. Atlanta would be perfect if it was on the coast!

You're right. The people in Tampa complain about being stuck in traffic on a bridge looking out to sea. They wouldn't survive 285.

Murky, cold lake water is not one of my favorite dives, but the clear, warm Gulf waters I so love are always about 300 miles from me and my front door until later this summer when I hopefully will get down there for a few days for some vacation time with the family. coast!

I love murky, cold lake water.

I'm weird:D.

Borg, when I took my AOW (and can only speak for Naui), my instructor felt one of the purposes of the deep dive was to experience narcosis (while doing a little task loading), so perhaps it wouldn't be as much of a surprise the next time, without instructor supervision.

I've been to the bottom of LLM, at the trench (and have seen the porcelain throne). It's not terribly light (cold as hell, though -- two thermoclines down), and no narcosis at all.

However, I've also been to the bottom at Alabama Blue Water, at 120ft., and definitely got a little silly... It gets darker as you descend at ABWA, however, once you hit about 90 or 100ft. it starts to lighten up a bit...

I don't think ABWA is much further from you, than LLM... just a different direction.

Good luck, dive safe.

EDIT: P.S. The water at both ABWA and LLM is relatively good (clear), as quarries go... Usually 30 to 40ft. depending on depth and crowds...

you can find 150' at ABWA if you look for it. It is about 135-140 at the old road bed by the big tire.

the temp there is a lovely 54 f or so.

I have seen almost Caribbean vis at ABWA, but that was deep and in January.

Flightlead, you're a good diver.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom