Dove West Bank Park on Sat.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's why I'm going to enjoy my Pinnacle EVO2 drysuit down in the 50 degree waters. Leave it to me to have it come(hopefully by the end of this month) when I would get a heat stroke just putting the thing on this time of year. I wish I would had it this past winter. I would have been up at Lanier at the New Years Day Event, that was attended by a staggering two people from what I remember. I wasn't one of them. It will be great to be an all season diver.
If I make it up to Two Mile Creek on Sat. I know I will work up sweat getting into my 7mm, but that will be quenched when I hit the drink.

you can find 150' at ABWA if you look for it. It is about 135-140 at the old road bed by the big tire.

the temp there is a lovely 54 f or so.

I have seen almost Caribbean vis at ABWA, but that was deep and in January.
I've seen that depth (150') on their quarry map, however, never really aspired to find it. We touched down at about 118ft. off the wall opposite the platforms, practicing blue water ascents. Computer said 58f, and the 5mm suit with the additional 3mm core just wasn't cutting it.

That was in August. I'm not a dry-suit diver, so you won't find me there in January. I'll have to take your word for it, about the Caribbean viz, although I *have* seen about 60+ feet.

ABWA has depths done to 162 and I've heard slightly deeper in a honey hole that I intend to find as soon as my scooter gets back from being modified. ABWA is my favorite "local" site

You can routinely (i.e., without effort) get to 143 to 147 ft deep at ABWA. Its always nice on the deep end of the pool because typically its alot clearer (read as - not many students down there) and its cold enough that most OW diver's don't venture that deep. My computer has recorded 55 degrees that last few times I've been that deep.

ABWA has depths done to 162 and I've heard slightly deeper in a honey hole that I intend to find as soon as my scooter gets back from being modified. ABWA is my favorite "local" site

yeah? which one of your three scooters is that :)

btw, I made it through dive 3 and 4 this weekend but died on dive 5 switching to the wrong gas and ommitting 10 minutes of deco.

Back
Top Bottom