Doubles rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How would I go about guaranteeing my manifold has high pressure burst disks and that they won't burst?
Burst discs are designed to fail at different pressures. Since LP tanks are filled to a lower pressure than HP tanks (when filled to service pressure), they come with burst discs that are set lower than the burst discs in HP tanks. For example, some discs are designed to fail at 3360 psi and this is what you might find on the valve of an LP tank. This disc would obviously not work for a HP tank that has a service fill pressure of 3442 psi. If you plan to overfill LP tanks, you just need to put a burst disc in designed for higher pressures.

As an example, take a look at this link. You can pick discs rated for a particular release pressure.

Balance out perfectly can't beat them, let me squeeze through narrower gaps than my 15L singles

232 bar double disks

Aluminium plates are just wrong, aluminium is not for underwater
If you consider the weight difference between aluminium and stainless an issue you're diving too light
Lol if I dived stainless I would be chronically overweight unless I'm wearing 7mm of neoprene or more

How would I go about guaranteeing my manifold has high pressure burst disks and that they won't burst? I work for a dive shop and we fill LPs all the time but like last month I was standing next to a tank when one of the shop workers overfilled an LP and the burst disk well.. burst

Check to see what burst disks are on the valves. They should be replaced with 5250 psi burst disks if you intend do high pressure fills.

If the burst disks are marked 4000psi then they are the low pressure version. Burst disks are set to go off at +/- 10% their rating. So 3600psi fill is very likely to cause a LP burst disk to go. The also weaken overtime. I typically replace them every 5 years (ok maybe 10 :) after hydro if the valves have not been serviced in a while.

If a burst disk is marked 5000psi then it's meant for 3000psi service. Probably still fine but I recommend the 5250psi version to be safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom