Doubles on a Nighthawk?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Terrasmak is right, they are called "Harp Bands" I've gotten 2 sets over the years, I'm currently using one on my Black Diamond right now, holding up a set of 80's, nice to play with, but if your wanting to use bigger tanks or go "Tec" you'll be better off with a BP/W set-up, For the record I too, own a BP/W LOL

BP/W baby!

once you try it, you'll wonder how the hell you did without it for so many dives...

at least that's the prevailing opinion

Funny to read the posts....

Have you ever used the harp band on the SP BCD? How do you know if you guys don't use it before?

As SP said, it is ok to use the double occationally within the rec. diving range...
Like other members mentioned, it is up to AL80s. As I believe, SP has about 46lb lift capacity depending on the BCD size. I have used the harp band on the Knighthawk and Classic Plus.

If you really want the double set up for a tech diving, I also recommend BP/W and double band and manifold. Otherwise, you can use the harp band with SP BCD within a rec. diving range without any troubles.

Since you fellas know more about the funky bands required, where did you buy them?

I bet the OP would like to know if he hasn't ebayed the Nighthawk already

Hi Richard,

I got it from the NJ dealer. Actually, SP made and sold it in U.S. a long time ago., but there wasn't a big demand, so they stop to sell it in U.S. I have talked with SP technician about this matter two years ago... The double band for an ordinary BCD is much more popular in EU market.

In addition, occationally, we can get it off eBay, too.

Good to know.

I saw them once. Weird lookin' things that I figured went to a old soft pack (since they were on old decepid looking used tanks at the time). I guess its interesting that they are still made somewhere. But a plate would really be a better solution for doubles. Too much weight all saggy and everything with a soft BC IMO.

I got one set off a really old hard pack, the other set I had traded out another (non-harp) set of bands with a bubby of mine, he had picked those up at a LDS in SC. He didn't know what he had and was about to cut off the harp portion of it, these look knida OMSish to me, no stamp but do have a heavy weld to them. My only suggestion is to haunt any local LDS's to you or maybe look up some overseas websites for them, Good luck which ever way you go...

Always nice to have the <500 dive BP/W drones chiming in with their completely unwanted advice.

The Knighthawk is perfectly compatible with the bow-bands. And being the Mexican that I am, I make my own... but they do come up in the secondary market a lot, should run you no more than 50 bucks tops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom