Doubles on a Nighthawk?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dad+2

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Recently I contacted Scubapro about if it was possable to use doubles on a Nighthawk BC...they replied that it was no problem if I used bands with a "bow"... OK ,whats a "bow"?
my LDS don't know and Scubapro says they don't deal in parts.... so any ideas?:confused:

if I knew what I was looking for maybe it can be fabricated

It may be one of the sets of bands that have a cross piece between the rings. LIke those used on the old backpacks. this piece is connected about 3/4 or better around the bands and forms a more or less flat surface as opposed to the deep "V" that usually holds the bolt. You may want to ask in the vintage forum for a better description. Otherwise I'd take Ian's advice and get the BPW.

JimLap:
It may be one of the sets of bands that have a cross piece between the rings. LIke those used on the old backpacks. this piece is connected about 3/4 or better around the bands and forms a more or less flat surface as opposed to the deep "V" that usually holds the bolt. You may want to ask in the vintage forum for a better description. Otherwise I'd take Ian's advice and get the BPW.

Its basically a hoop that sticks out from the bands. I have seen them once in real life, but I don't know anyone who sells them. You will probbaly need to look abroad, like Italy to find any. Everyone in the US is using backplates and wings, and the bow is incompatible with these.

one more vote for BP/W

Scubapro Europe had the bands to convert their bc's for smaller twinned tanks. I have never seen them anywhere in the US so you're going to have to do some Googling to find someone over there to ship them to you.

+1 for a BP/W

harp bands are what is you want , a BP/W is what you need.

Back
Top Bottom