Doubles on a Jacket BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhampton82

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was wondering if there is a way to mount doubles onto a Jacket Style BC?

I am currently diving a Dacor Hemisphere and eventually want to go to doubles on a BP/W setup.

I was thinking that if I could go to the doubles now with my Jacket BC then when I decide to go to the BP/W, I can just get a setup with a doubles wing instead of getting the BP/W with a singles wing then later getting the doubles wing when I go to the doubles....

Any info on if I can do this?

Dustin

Walter has had doubles attached to his SP Sport Classic for years. Send him a PM and he can explain how he did it.

Please don't do this. If you want to dive doubles, buy a BP/W. In fact, I'd suggest you change your purchase order to get the BP/W first, THEN the doubles.

I have seen doubles kits for some jackets so what you seek is within the realm of posibility. As much as I like my Sherwood Avid for single tank diving I would want a more solid platforn to carry doubles. I'm with PerroneForfd on this one.

Pete

As a recreational single tank BP/W user, my advice would be .... :no

Spend the money to move the BP/W first, master those with a single tank, and THEN move to doubles.

Some jackets have the mounting plate and holes for doubles and some don't. I wouldn't try to modify one that doesn't.
Rick

A BP/W in in no way superior to a well designed vest for doubles. The only advantage of a BP/Wing for doubles is you can get greater lift by switching wings if you go to monster doubles. For normal size tanks, a vest is fine. I avoid jacket BCs myself, the sleeves annoy the hell out of me.

Based on what, the double on the rec. BC doesn't work? Have you ever used this configuration?

ScubaPro Classic plus and Knighthawk have the mounting holes for the double tank. Even on the BC manaul, 72cfs are rated. I put AL80s on the Classic Plus and Knighthawk. The independant doubles has been more commonly used on the rec. BC in EU market. Those BC's lift are more than 40lb as I recall...

hoosier:
ScubaPro Classic plus and Knighthawk have the mounting holes for the double tank. Even on the BC manaul, 72cfs are rated. I put AL80s on the Classic Plus and Knighthawk. The independant doubles has been more commonly used on the rec. BC in EU market. Those BC's lift are more than 40lb as I recall...
As well as SeacSub Pro models have. I've used with one (pro 2000) with doubles when doing more demanding dives (ice, deep etc).
However sended today an order to Tobin (DSS BP/W):14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom