Double pony bottle mounting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will there be any onshore monitoring of your breathing and heart rate? You may decide that you need a few minutes of rest. You should have monitors of your vitals onshore to evaluate your condition if you were to close your eyes and rest for a few minutes when all is dark, it is night and there is no audience.

On that subject, do you have plans for recording or capturing the entire event underwater?

Will there be any onshore monitoring of your breathing and heart rate? You may decide that you need a few minutes of rest. You should have monitors of your vitals onshore to evaluate your condition if you were to close your eyes and rest for a few minutes when all is dark, it is night and there is no audience.

On that subject, do you have plans for recording or capturing the entire event underwater?

he could *probably* get the HR monitoring done cheap via a SOL...

And Jim has a good point... I dont think independentaly you will have a good idea of what your body is doing after that long in the water.

I will have a body temp thermometer a pulse oximiter and a heart rate monitor hooked up from me to the dive control tent and monitored at all times by the on-duty divemaster. The event will be recorded and viewed on the surface by an underwater camera (this will also be used by on site TV crews). Also, I will write blog posts on slates and send them up to be posted online throughout the dive.

That dumass Criss Angel did 24 hours in a tank. He had just a second stage and tenders changed his bottles. After the stunt he made a big show of being dragged off in an ambulance with "dehydration". (after being emersed in a tank of fresh water)

I agree with the lawn chair comment. There is no reason you will require much gear at all.

But, what is the point of this anyway?

That dumass Criss Angel did 24 hours in a tank. He had just a second stage and tenders changed his bottles. After the stunt he made a big show of being dragged off in an ambulance with "dehydration". (after being emersed in a tank of fresh water)

I agree with the lawn chair comment. There is no reason you will require much gear at all.

But, what is the point of this anyway?
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that he had a full commercial diving helmet hooked up to a compressor. Anyway, you can check out our website to find out what the "point" of the dive is.

Exactly which charities are you supporting? Marine Conservation is pretty broad.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that he had a full commercial diving helmet hooked up to a compressor. Anyway, you can check out our website to find out what the "point" of the dive is.

David Blane did a week in the tank with a hat. Angel did 24 hours with a scubapro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom