Dork Divers – Designers – Need a new logo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tailchaser, You are definetly on the right track! I love the third one! All it needs is the we have fun factor.:D

That was easy

Attachments

• Dork3.jpg
    Dork3.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 128
Okay, so being a dork, I got to thinking about maze generation algorithms last week. It turns out they're really not that difficult, provided you're just generating a simple single-path maze. Within a day, I'd written a little program for myself. Anyway, since I had the algorithm all worked out (in VB6, which was what I had handy), I figured I may as well translate it to a P-language (PHP, Python, Perl,...), and well...

So, I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool if I made a 'banner' out of a randomly-generated maze?" That was shortly followed by, "Um, for *what*?" Seeing as I'm a Dork Diver (and obviously, a dork, geek, nerd, and all that, too), I figured "Why not make it a maze to get to Dork-Diver-ness?" That was shortly followed by scouring of the smileys to find some NDDs and a poor confused smiley, and after doing a photoshop number on all of them (to get an unfriendly crowd together), I ended up with a background to drop the mazes into.

Well, ScubaBoard signatures have room for a banner graphic and one line of text, so naturally, I had to come up with a line. "Find your way to Dork today!" just seemed to fit. :biggrin: Obviously, "Dork Divers Have Fun" is the tag. Anyway, with formatting and all, the resulting signature looks like:

Find your way to Dork today! Dork Divers Have Fun

And there you have it. It's got the whole "be a Dork Diver, and you can be happy and not deal with the mean old masses" thing down, and having a bit of fun and games be the path to Dorkness is quite a nice fit, eh? Plus, since the mazes are generated, you can have fun over and over. (If it becomes *too* resource intensive on my server, I'll scale it back to a new maze every hour or something, but for the time being, there are no reruns. :biggrin:)

Anyway, if anyone wants to have this in your ScubaBoard signature (i.e. the stuff under your posts), all you need to do (in step-by-step detail) is:
  1. Copy the following (from "[center]" all the way to "[/center]")
  2. Click "User CP" near the top of this page
  3. Click "Edit Signature" from the left column of your User CP
  4. Paste the code into the box
  5. Click the "Save Signature" button
Anyway, feel free to use it if you like it, and any commentary is, as always, welcome. Enjoy!

[CENTER][URL="http://www.dorkdiver.com/"][IMG]http://www.hazelnutscuba.net/dork/banner.php[/IMG][/URL]
[I]Find your way to Dork today![/I] [B]Dork Divers Have Fun[/B][/CENTER]​

I was just looking at the earlier post and there was one about a mean dolphin or something... heres my take on that ...

Attachments

• Dork-dolphin.jpg
    Dork-dolphin.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 137
I was just looking at the earlier post and there was one about a mean dolphin or something... heres my take on that ...

Wow! Now we are getting somewhere!

Dork Divers Have Fun.......Or we come beat you into having fun! :rofl3:

The floggings will continue until morale improves!

(J/K --- I know beatings would be anti-DD)

Dork Divers Have Fun.......Or we come beat you into having fun! :rofl3:

The floggings will continue until morale improves!

(J/K --- I know beatings would be anti-DD)

merxlin... I just try to give the people what they ask for!!!!

Tailchaser,

I like the guy giving the peace sign. If only he was wearing a mask on his forehead ???

Back
Top Bottom