Dorcy brand dive light. Anyone used them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, it's nice that they have rounded the hole for the cave line. That's the only real complaint I have about the light. Otherwise, it's bright, it's small, it uses cheap batteries, and it's inexpensive.

Just hopped on Piranha Dive Mfg today to see what their weekly specials were and saw that they are now preordering the 2nd gen Dorcy Submersible light.

Looks like Dorcy listened to the comments on the first one and made some good improvements:

- 220 Lumens of Light Output! This light is bright!!
- Dimensions 6.5" L X 1.5 W
- Submersible (IPX-8) to a depth of 100 meters (328 Feet)
- Uses Lumileds K2 220 Super Flux LED
- New body with a Hard Anodized Finish
- Our 220 model has a new head for easier turning it on / off underwater
- Twist On and Off Funtionality (No Push Button Switch)
- This light has dual o'rings (2) to prevent flooding
- 8 Hour Run Time
- Lens is glass
- New more durable battery holder!
- This Dive Light is guaranteed to be submersible (IPX-8) to a depth of up to 100 meters (328 feet).
- On land, the center spot concentrates 80% of the light output while using the remaining 20% to provide a bright area around the center spot to light up a wide viewing area.
- Convenient Nylon Wrist Strap Lanyard
- On the rear of the light it has two "2" holes to loop a snap or clip with a new rounded bottom! It comes standard with a lanyard but you can change that one of you wish!

Click on "Hot Deals" to see the light

I've got the first one and like it a lot. I just may have to "misplace it" so I can get the new model :)

Thanks for the update! I've been waiting for these to come out....I think I'm gonna pick up a couple :)

Thanks for the heads-up. Isn't it nice when a manufacturer is interested in feed-back and makes manufacturing changes based on end-user recommendations? 2 thumbs up for Dorcy.

Henrik

Back
Top Bottom