Dorcy brand dive light. Anyone used them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know where someone outside of the US can buy one of these things?

I've tried dorcydirect, amazon, wallmart, and who knows where else, and all of them only seem to want to ship to USA (and some Canada).

Looks like you can't even buy this light if you live anywhere else. :depressed:

Any help would be appreciated because for the price - I haven't seen another light come close to the lumens that this thing has...

Got my pair from Brightguy, shipped outside the us. Hope that helps:

brightguy.com

Search for Dorcy submersible light

you can buy them from Dorcy Direct and also Piranha Manufacturing has them on special.

you can pick them up for about $49 or $59 with some discount codes.

there is a very detailed thread on this light on Scuba Toys forum. (just search for Dorcy). the most recent discount codes are posted there.

I've got one of these light and really like it.... great ight.

Thanks for your replies guys...

Ami , I shall check out brightguy - thanks for the suggestion.

Mike_S - I tried dorcy direct but they don't ship outside the US. Will check the scubatoys thread - cheers!

Edit: I've ordered 2 from Piranha (they had a deal on for 2, but it's called the Penetration 180 - same light apparently, and they ship outside the US too!). Will be able to give these a shot, and if any good order a ton more!

Thanks for your help!

Adam.

Last edited:
yeah.... I forgot to mention that the Piranha light is "re branded" as the Pentration or Pentrator 180. Otherwise it's the same exact light. (They even took a Dorcy pic and photo shopped off the name).

should have mentioned that before.

my wife (non diver) has pretty much taken over my Dorcy ight to use at night to find the cat to try to get in the house as it's brighter than any other flashlight that will fit in the kitchen door...

I'm prob going to buy another one soon. :D

as a note, the lanyard that comes with it is sorta wimpy and I wouldn't want to use it for diving. I think te one at Piranha manufacturing comes with a snapbolt and 2ft of cave line or something. FYI.

Ok so I am looking to get this light but I am curious if anyone knows a good way to rig up a goodman handle for it. Is it too big (long)? Is it the same diameter that the "OxyCheq Raider Light Sock" would fit it well? Are there any hard goodman handles that would match it? TIA!

Well, got 2 of these lights (or "torches" as we call them here down under) :wink: and am quite impressed. Think we might be ordering a few more at this rate...

I would also be interested to hear if anyone's setup a goodman handle.

Ok so I am looking to get this light but I am curious if anyone knows a good way to rig up a goodman handle for it. Is it too big (long)? Is it the same diameter that the "OxyCheq Raider Light Sock" would fit it well? Are there any hard goodman handles that would match it? TIA!

I think there are two different sizes of the OxyCheq Light Sock.

The Dorcy light will NOT fit in the smaller of the two light socks. (GlenFWB and I sized it up last week).

However, I read in the thread I think on ST forum that it would fit in the bigger light sock. can someone verify this?

Do you know which one is the bigger sock? I was looking through the ST forum too and thought I saw that both socks fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom