Don't try to carry any Tape in carry-ons - or Any Tools.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No tools. No decongestants. Mexico just does not want me to visit and spend any money there.

OK. There's British Honduras. Or just plain Honduras. Or dozens of other places likely better.
Suit yourself, but trifles like that will not dissuade me from going somewhere I want to go.

If youre going to blame CZ, for your failing to follow common sense airline rules, I dont think youll be too happy with dive travel to most places.

Theres always something stupid on every dive vacation.

My meager list of vacation oddities so far:

-Mexico customs form. Lol, I can just walk home.
-DR customs whore.
-CZ dive boats cant count to potato, constantly leave people behind.
-Fat mexican woman elbowing me in the ribs on a Delta flight. Why cant we get divider walls between seats?

-Annoying PDC beggers and street merchants.
-Belize low pressure air fills. Sure, lets give the biggest guy on the boat a half filled AL80. "Hey, why no tip?"

-Cruise ship, long lines to get off.
-Cruise ship muster station in the bottom of the ship.
-One million waivers to fill out.
-Ignorant tank chumps. Hydro and vis rip offs.
-"Everybody needs to move forward towards the bow, we're sinking."

I'm sure everyone here has a list. Bonaire......

Suit yourself, but trifles like that will not dissuade me from going somewhere I want to go.
It doesn't keep me from going anywhere I want to go.

It helps me define the places to which I have no desire to see or experience.

So,
It doesn't keep me from going anywhere I want to go.

It helps me define the places to which I have no desire to see or experience.
Why are you posting in a dedicated Cozumel forum that you don't want to go to Cozumel because of Mexico's pseudoephedrine policy and because they won't let you fly out with tools in your carry on?

You can't fly out of or around in the US with tools in your carry on, either.

My checked bag got a hand screening, and the guy went through each item carefully. He came to my expensive Shearwater Petrel computer, in its
Um, do you mean your carryon bag, not checked bag?

I have had my checked luggage hand-screened in front of me, and small hand tools (leatherman-style pocket multi-tool, folding knife with a blade under 3") were prohibited, despite my pointing out that during the flight I couldn't get into the baggage compartment to access my luggage. To put it in context, this was at Newark Airport on Sept 20, 2001 -- shortly after international travel resumed after 9/11 and the airline (not TSA, or it's precursor) didn't know what the security rules were that day.
He inspected it carefully and pulled the Eezycut Trilobite line cutter from its sheath. He had me! I was trying to smuggle a dangerous weapon onto the plane.

I got off easy--he only confiscated it.
Duh.

The Spanish translation for "Eezycut Trilobite" could be "cuchillas de afeitar de doble filo en un soporte de plástico fácil de abrir" ("double-edged razorblades in an easily opened plastic holder"). Why even try bringing it onto a plane in hand luggage?

Yes, you did get off easily.

Um, do you mean your carryon bag, not checked bag?

I have had my checked luggage hand-screened in front of me, and small hand tools (leatherman-style pocket multi-tool, folding knife with a blade under 3") were prohibited, despite my pointing out that during the flight I couldn't get into the baggage compartment to access my luggage. To put it in context, this was at Newark Airport on Sept 20, 2001 -- shortly after international travel resumed after 9/11 and the airline (not TSA, or it's precursor) didn't know what the security rules were that day.

Duh.

The Spanish translation for "Eezycut Trilobite" could be "cuchillas de afeitar de doble filo en un soporte de plástico fácil de abrir" ("double-edged razorblades in an easily opened plastic holder"). Why even try bringing it onto a plane in hand luggage?

Yes, you did get off easily.
Ooops! Yes, I meant carry on, and I corrected it.

I frankly forgot that it was attached to the computer. It had gone through screenings in the past, and I didn't give it a second thought.

So,

Why are you posting in a dedicated Cozumel forum that you don't want to go to Cozumel because of Mexico's pseudoephedrine policy and because they won't let you fly out with tools in your carry on?

You can't fly out of or around in the US with tools in your carry on, either.
Because a "dedicated Cozumel forum" does not mean a "Cozumel Chamber of Commerce Promotional Channel". This thread originated as a warning thread about stupid stuff the mex version of TSA does that flies in the face of all common sense.

I affirmed that that helps me to not support their economy and their stupid border antics, which are even more thespian than a lot of our own.

Oh, where did you come up with the idea that TSA regs prevent carry of tools in on domestic (or international) Part 121 carriers? I'd like a citation. Sometimes my carry-on includes honest-to-goodness Peerless model 700 handcuffs and

Because a "dedicated Cozumel forum" does not mean a "Cozumel Chamber of Commerce Promotional Channel". This thread originated as a warning thread about stupid stuff the mex version of TSA does that flies in the face of all common sense.

I affirmed that that helps me to not support their economy and their stupid border antics, which are even more thespian than a lot of our own.

Oh, where did you come up with the idea that TSA regs prevent carry of tools in on domestic (or international) Part 121 carriers? I'd like a citation. Sometimes my carry-on includes honest-to-goodness Peerless model 700 handcuffs and
Because I have had tools confiscated by TSA, but I am not going to get dragged any farther into yet another stupid pointless argument, so I will just be ignoring you from here on. Have a great day.

Back
Top Bottom