Don't miss dive sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love all the dive sites in Cozumel, but the favorites on my last trip were Columbia Shallows and Palancar Gardens.

One site that could be terrific is Punta Sur Shallows. You won't see it on a map, but Jeremy took me there last trip. It's very far south, and is only about 15 feet. Zero hurricane damage so fabulous coral formations. However, the vis was terrible the day we went and we aborted the dive after about 5 or 10 minutes. But in good vis, it would be a sensational dive!

Palancar Bricks was my favorite, tons of fish and great coral. A close second and a great second dive was the wreck dive. The wreck had very little current and was loaded with grouper, sardines, lobsters, and tons of other little creatures in some of the windows.

One site that could be terrific is Punta Sur Shallows. You won't see it on a map, but Jeremy took me there last trip. It's very far south, and is only about 15 feet. Zero hurricane damage so fabulous coral formations. However, the vis was terrible the day we went and we aborted the dive after about 5 or 10 minutes. But in good vis, it would be a sensational dive!

MMM, ssshhhhh. You must have been dreaming because that site doesn't exist. :wink: (And there are couple more similar to it that at some point you may also think you dove... again, it was just a dream.)

In our experience, there is more marine life on the 2nd shallower dive than the deep first dives which have more structure and swimthroughs. We see more critterson the shallow night dives also.

Just got back Wednesday from Coz. Good friend, Jeremy, with Living Underwater, is who we use. Take care of your gear, etc. Picks you up and ask you what you want to see. He's been very busy and word is getting out, he is great.

Love Paradise, Columbia and Palancar. Tormentos is torment for me. Current is very strong. As a photographer, hard to take pics when flying thru current. But thats just me.

Its beautiful .

Back
Top Bottom