Don't know what happened

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is no logical explanation still as to why I was unable to keep up. That’s the thing that worries me. I am studying all the parameters. 1) New wetsuit? I needed 3 additional kg to go down and even with that I could not hold my safety stop. I had to fin down. 2) Different current streams? 3) Finning technique? I really doubt that one. And all the scientific studies show that people who profess not using arms in strong currents believe what they heard as opposed to studying and are wrong.
I continue studying as in an air crash episode :)
Perhaps you can do your instructor training in Australia. The conditions are perfect on the Great Barrier Reef, and you only need 100 dives to qualify I believe. There are many tourists that are DiveMasters after 60 dives.

Me too, with regards about how our courts work, or our elephantiac bureucratic apparatus. Not talking about taxation!
Luckily we have some good things, such as an excellent public health system, entirely free. Very good schools and universities. Nice towns, where life is easy and enjoying. Good weather. Wonderful natural landscapes.
Very nice sea, many opportunities for diving. Excellent food, wine, etc.. People who enjoy life, spending little time working and most time doing pleasant activities.
Most people feel the need of helping others, are involved in volunteering activities, and are not selfish.
So despite the big problems related to our crap judicial system and in general our terrible public administration, it is worth to live here.
However every year we see hundreths of thousands of clever youngsters emigrating to other countries, where finding a job is easier, and their qualifications are better appreciated than here.

For the good and bad reasons, that fits also both countries in Iberia!

Exactly. This is one of the things I do not understand. With 6kg (I used to dive smoothly with 5 with the old gear), when exhaling and a BCD without air, my head was totally submerged. However, I could not descend, even fully exhaling without someone pulling me down or being given 2 more kg. This within 2 minutes so no tank breathing issue.

Do your weight check with a near-empty tank.

Was wondering if you did your DiveMaster training in a swimming pool or canal? I have heard that in Holland they do all their training in a pool.
I currently live in Cape Verde. So all my dives are in the Atlantic ocean.

Do your weight check with a near-empty tank.
Practically speaking, that is difficult. I do not have my personal compressor so I can only do it at the end of a dive.

Practically speaking, that is difficult. I do not have my personal compressor so I can only do it at the end of a dive.

Do your buoyancy check at the beginning with a full tank. Add the weight of the gas in that tank.

Do your buoyancy check at the beginning with a full tank. Add the weight of the gas in that tank.
No, sorry, do your weight check at the end of your dive with a cylinder near your reserve volume and no gas in your BC. You should be able to easily maintain your safety or deco stop and then be able to make a controlled ascent to the surface.

No, sorry, do your weight check at the end of your dive with a cylinder near your reserve volume and no gas in your BC. You should be able to easily maintain your safety or deco stop and then be able to make a controlled ascent to the surface.

Ok, how much weight do you take on that dive you just finished then?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom