Dominican Republic Puerto Plata dive Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sub-Mariner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be heading to DR next month. I'll be staying in Puerto Plata I have arranged the flight, the hotel and I'm looking for a good dive operator. The hotel is hooked up with CARIBBEAN MARINE DIVING CENTER I haven't found much info on them and the fact that they only dive Tuesday's, Thursdays and Saturday's makes me wonder how serious they are. If anyone has any info on operators serving the Puerto Plata area it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Where exactly are you going? Do you have the name of the hotel / resort? Is the hotel in the city of Puerto Plata? Sometimes it says Purto Plata but it's actually located away from town.
I don't know much about dive centers in Puerto Plata but used to dive with Northern Coast Aquatic in Sosua, about 20 minutes from Puerto Plata. Contact Mark, very nice guy, he might be able to help you. I am pretty sure that any dive shop in Puerto Plata area goes for dives to Sosua, as that's the best place to dive in that part of the island. I still have the info from the time I lived there, check the dive sites

I'll be staying at Blackbeards in Puerta Plata from what I've read its a block from the beach in Puerto Plata

I just checked their website, and it's actually located to the west from the airport. Sosua - the dive sites I was talking about is east. So it would probably take you about 30 minutes to get there. I don't know much about diving at that location, I didn't even think there is any diving on that side, but I might be wrong. But try to contact the guys from Northern coast, they will know more then me about diving around the hotel.

Been on several trips to Sosua for fun and diving....the diving is mediocre at best although the Zingara wreck is pretty good.....I like the Dolphin dive center on sosua beach.....it's part of a big seaside hotel but anyone can use the dive facilities. Great staff. The dive boats are very small, glorified fishing boats but they work and the sites are only a few minutes off shore. They dive every day except Sunday. Talk to the hotel about transpo to the beach....there are cheaper ways to go than a taxi.....the personal taxis will gouge you bigtime!!

Have fun!! (There are other forms of entertainment on the beach in Sosua, too!)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom