Puerto Galera April trip plan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just returned from PG and the water temp ranged between 22-26C, with most of the dives around 23-24C, so I was grateful for my 3mm wetsuit, which for me personally is good down to about 22C. I'm not particularly sensitive to cold and 95% of my Philippines diving has been in a rashguard and shorts, so just FYI if anyone is heading to PG soon. By April the water should be much warmer, seas calmer and viz better

Just returned from PG and the water temp ranged between 22-26C, with most of the dives around 23-24C
That's frikken cold in my books, less than 23C I'm diving dry, especially on multiple dives / day over multiple days 🥶

JDelage,

Are you still planning to go to Sabang in April?

I'm headed down from Manila on April 11th and plan on spending a couple of weeks in Sabang and PG.

Years ago I would spend a few months there during the summer. Good times, but big changes in the last few years. Let me know if you want to hook up for a beer if you're around.

I bought the ticket today after researching my various options.

1. I don't know yet for sure. Trying to research that. I suppose I'll have to get a cab or Grab to a hotel somewhere. I've been recommended the Belmont on Tripadvisor. Early the next morning I'd get another cab to the PITX bus terminal and get a bus for Batangas...? Or a car if I can find one to take me to Batangas.

2. Almost certainly El Galleon, but I haven't booked yet.
Curious why El Galleon? I've looked at their rooms and they are kind of depressing. Mermaid resort is very nice for the money. If you want upscale ($150) then definitely go to La Lagunna villas as they are right by Asia divers. For the ferry crossing it doesnt matter which one, go inside and just find the one that is leaving next. Careful of all the touts outside the terminal as they will offer an overpriced ticket.

I stayed at Mermaid last April (going again in May) and enjoyed their dive operation as well. Last year they offered $15 dives! Yes $15 and there were usually only a couple other divers on the boat and many times they brought me out by myself. The guides were great. One of the guides took me to get pygmy seahorse pictures and did not let me down.

I stayed at Mermaid last April (going again in May) and enjoyed their dive operation as well. Last year they offered $15 dives! Yes $15 and there were usually only a couple other divers on the boat and many times they brought me out by myself. The guides were great. One of the guides took me to get pygmy seahorse pictures and did not let me down.
Stayed/dived with them twice, I love the place and the people!

JDelage,

I'm headed down from Manila on April 11th and plan on spending a couple of weeks in Sabang and PG.

Years ago I would spend a few months there during the summer. Good times, but big changes in the last few years. Let me know if you want to hook up for a beer if you're around.
I will also be in Sabang from 13 April for 3 weeks. Drop me a DM if anyone wants to go for a beer or join for a dive.

JDelage,

You're getting in just as my getting ready to leave; I'm checking out on the 13. Let's see on the 11th or 12th.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom