Dive ops and dive info for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In the near futur I might be traveling to Puerto plata, Dominican Republic. Dose anyone have any info about the dive ops and the diving in that area? I did see about 20km from the hotel there is a Dressel Divers.

The diving is different - not like diving islands more well known for diving - the features and sea life aren't as abundant and colorful (at least where I dove.)

I stayed at a resort on Playa Dorada Beach and dove with Sea Pro which is located at several resorts in the area (link is below.) We went to Sosua everyday we dove, which was about 30 minutes away, and they provided the transportation in a covered, open air truck. We did 6 days of 2 tank dives out of the 2 weeks we were there. Sosua is in a protected bay with calm water. We repeated 3 dive sites and probably swam from one to another a couple of times (although they show a list of more sites which we didn't go to.) Deepest dive was 100 feet on a mini-wall - most dives fell between 45 - 75 feet.

Water temp for us in May was 80-82ºF. March will most likely be 77-79º.

Dressel Divers is located at the Puerto Plata Iberostar. They usually have low prices and you book online. It looks like their dive sites are about 10-12 miles west of Sosua, so maybe better sites than what I felt about Sosua's sites. Their website shows multiple dive sites that don't look to be too far from the Playa Dorada Beach.

**I'm also posting this reply in another thread with just about the same question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom