Best caves to dive and center in dominican republic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cavetecdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I have full Cave certificate and going to visit Dominican Republic for 1st time in march. Previously I dive caves in mexico and around Europe. Can you please advise:
1. What are the must do caves there? I know there are some Cave descrptions in speleo dominican pages but they do not say much about Best places to visit.
2. Do i need to stay punta Cana if i go na dive caves? Or is there an option to stay in Puerto Plata as well? Are there any Cave dive center around Puerto Plata?
3.Can you recomend any guides / centers in both Puerto Plata and punta Cana?
4. I was looking at Cave El dudu and was really amazed by it. However the problem is i found all dive centers around punta Cana and el dudu is 400km far away. The chance someone will take me there is 0 :wink:
5. Last maybe controversial but will ask it still. Would u carry a dry suit for caves in dominican Republic? Or go for wetsuit plus second bladder? My dry suit config is probably 10kg heavier than wetsuit do i have a serious doubt if its Worth to take it.

Not sure on the locations but i dove a few caves there years ago. Try Uwescuba dive center I think thats the outfit i dove with. Near Bayahibe, dove Cave Chico near or in the national park and one other close by one day. Cant remember the name of the second system but it was a long drive (couple hours) and on private property. Caves were nice similar to MX but passages were short. Very well set up, sherpas were waiting for us at the site when we arrived. Biggest problem I had was getting BM doubles

Hi,

I have full Cave certificate and going to visit Dominican Republic for 1st time in march. Previously I dive caves in mexico and around Europe. Can you please advise:
1. What are the must do caves there? I know there are some Cave descrptions in speleo dominican pages but they do not say much about Best places to visit.
2. Do i need to stay punta Cana if i go na dive caves? Or is there an option to stay in Puerto Plata as well? Are there any Cave dive center around Puerto Plata?
3.Can you recomend any guides / centers in both Puerto Plata and punta Cana?
4. I was looking at Cave El dudu and was really amazed by it. However the problem is i found all dive centers around punta Cana and el dudu is 400km far away. The chance someone will take me there is 0 :wink:
5. Last maybe controversial but will ask it still. Would u carry a dry suit for caves in dominican Republic? Or go for wetsuit plus second bladder? My dry suit config is probably 10kg heavier than wetsuit do i have a serious doubt if its Worth to take it.
This is a little late but I am cave trained and have access to Dudú. I live in the D.R. I work in the States Mid September to mid January. 1. Check out DRSS web page. 2. There are caves in different places on the Island. Again check DRSS 3. The north coast has no centers that cater to cave diving. Golden Arrow in the capital traines cave divers. There are caves in the capital. One is really nice "Cueva Taina" I Dive from D.T.S. on the north coast in Sosua to do ocean dives. 4. Always ready to dive Dudú when I'm here! 5. The temp. in the caves I dive is 22º C. The ocean is between 23º and 24º bottom temp. I don't even own a wet suit. I haven't seen anyone with a dry suit. I hope things worked out for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom