Doing it Right

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reading this thread makes me believe that I missed the news of GUE merging with Halcyon.

(Could there be an IPO in the near future?) :wink:

GUE is the best training agency in the world and everybody knows it. Offering a broad line of equipment, no other tec diving equipment manufacturer can claim superiority over Halcyon's tightly controlled USA manufacturing ouput. DeeSeaSupply produces some great equipment, but Halcyon is without question the leading innovator of equipment IMO.
Totally and utterly disagreed.
Tightly controlled USA manufacturing output!!!! What happend to that superior power inflator withdrawn few yrs ago? It shouldn't be in the market at all if thorough testing on corrosion was carried out.
Only a 'stroke" would use swivel joint but it is perfectly fine to corporate it on the 1st stage!!!! The 1st and 2nd stages are really innovative. Apeks and ScubaPro are just clones.

Last edited:
Totally and utterly disagreed.
Tightly controlled USA manufacturing output!!!! What happend to that superior power inflator withdrawn few yrs ago? It shouldn't be in the market at all if thorough testing on corrosion was carried out.
Only a 'stroke" would use swivel joint but it is perfectly fine to corporate it on the 1st stage!!!! The 1st and 2nd stages are really innovative. Apeks and ScubaPro are just clones.

Halycon has had their share of recalls. I take comfort in the fact that they are extremely quick to pull the trigger. Research what diving manufacturer was the first to recall the defective OPV springs starting in 2010. :wink:

Last edited:
. DeeSeaSupply produces some great equipment, but Halcyon is without question the leading innovator of equipment IMO.
Arguably with BCDs, although as an owner of Halcyon and DSS, I have to say that I prefer the DSS system. That however is just my opinion.
As far as regs go I would take either Scubapro or Apeks over Halcyon anytime.

Arguably with BCDs, although as an owner of Halcyon and DSS, I have to say that I prefer the DSS system. That however is just my opinion.
As far as regs go I would take either Scubapro or Apeks over Halcyon anytime.

Yeah, DSS is rock solid...

GUE is the best training agency in the world and everybody knows it.
I think the "best training agency" is experience. I'm a a PADI Divemaster with no GUE, or DIR training and I've assisted plenty of "tech" divers

GUE is the best training agency in the world and everybody knows it. Offering a broad line of equipment, no other tec diving equipment manufacturer can claim superiority over Halcyon's tightly controlled USA manufacturing ouput. DeeSeaSupply produces some great equipment, but Halcyon is without question the leading innovator of equipment IMO.

Firstly if you have not attended each and every agency courses (all of them) you are only having a biased opinion. Secondly instructors are the people that get the knowledge/skill across, not an agency manual!!! Lastly, Halcyon’s equipment is VERY good and I use most of their stuff, however there are many other vendors that have equal quality equipment. I would love to hear why their stuff is so much better?? I appreciate your feedback.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom