"Doing It Right"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People, you're having debates with people who are no longer on ScubaBoard. Before this thread was resurrected, the last post was in
DECEMBER 2000

edit: oops, that was a bit bigger than expected!

Scubaroo once bubbled...
People, you're having debates with people who are no longer on ScubaBoard. Before this thread was resurrected, the last post was in
DECEMBER 2000

edit: oops, that was a bit bigger than expected!

ROFLMAO

R..

Natasha once bubbled...
Yes it is.

Just for giggles is LoL?

lots of love

or

lots of luck

-Sanctimonious approach most annoying

-Hose configuration useless for instruction

-No agency presence anywhere near me

-Seige mentality monumentally unprofessional

Yet the equipment configuration is quite compelling. I have allowed it to influence me somewhat. (See photo in my profile.)

I was under the impression that the term "doing it right" came from an interview with George a long time ago, supossedly the reporter asked him about his setup and he responded by saying..."I'm just doing it right" the "DIR" setup is a simplified hogarthian config, is it not ? Which is the same config taught in PADI DSAT TecDeep ??? and IANTD as well ??? and most other training agency's ???

Just a thought.
People who are not open to new ideas are just plain silly...If all of a sudden rebreathers became more inexpensive and user friendly I would seriously look at buying one...then would that make me a "stroke" ? WHATEVER...The egotystical, cowboy attitude which seems to permiate the tec community lately sickens me. I thought we were all in this sport to have fun, enjoy and sometimes push our "personal" limits. So if I've been diving with the same rig for 10 years which is not exactally a "DIR" config does that make me an unsafe diver... All I have to say is come diving with me because thats the only way you will find out !!!

jonnythan once bubbled...

Laughing out loud.

Talk about having your bubble burst. Here I thought they were always sending me lots of love and or luck, and really they were...... :D

sharkmasterbc once bubbled...
<snip>

So if I've been diving with the same rig for 10 years which is not exactally a "DIR" config does that make me an unsafe diver... All I have to say is come diving with me because thats the only way you will find out !!!

I don't think anyone would seriously suggest that if you're not DIR (you have other practices, training, gear etc.) that you can't be committed to safe diving. Some *will* suggest, however, that because DIR is the best collection of best practices we have, that your commitment to safe diving hasn't yet found the optimal form.

R..

My gear config has been the "DIR" prefered way for longer than the whole concept has been around... so technically I have been doing it right for years, I just don't see the big deal, it's such a narrow minded attitude to say there is only one way to config your rig. Different circumstances sometimes require different gear and configs.
so long and thanks for all the fish....

>> I don't think anyone would seriously suggest that if you're not DIR (you have other practices, training, gear etc.) that you can't be committed to safe diving <<

Oh, yes they would. You obviously haven't seen all the funeral 'humor' over on rec.scuba.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom