"Doing It Right"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greg,
Trust me, everything here has always been civilized. :rambo: Don and I are just kidding when we talk smack. :livid: It's just fun for us, and for anyone else that's been keeping score... :wink:hehe.

Mario :D

Yeah, but I still want to know how/where you get those icons in your messages?

Originally posted by Mario S Caner
Greg,
Trust me, everything here has always been civilized. :rambo: Don and I are just kidding when we talk smack. :livid: It's just fun for us, and for anyone else that's been keeping score... :wink:hehe.

Greg,
All you have to do is click on Quote at the bottom of a particular post, and read the post. It'll show you exactly what someone had to write in order to display a smilie...
For example: this one is called whoa :whoa:

It's obvious that you have a problem with Halcyon, no where in my initial post did I mention Halcyon. They merely built their company around the Hogarthian system & came up with the slogan. Dive Rite uses "Doing It Right" in their catalog.
If you don't like the Hogarthian style and find it ludicrous then don't use it, that's your choice.
Yes, their equipment is more expensive, but so is every other companies top line. It just so happens that Halcyon only has a top line. The best comes with a price tag. Not just in dive gear.
If you own a "Beemer" or a Volvo or a "Benz" is doesn't make you a better driver, just one that is safer, (not a safer driver). But you have to pay for that margin of safety.

My last .02

Don

Go to the last post, down past the "Forum Jump" box, you will see smilies underlined, click to see all available smilies & what to type to get them. :froggy: :froggy:

Print them out for reference.

I'm the only one that knows.

Don

I have no problem with Halcyon, they make good gear. It's when DIR is treated as something new and superior that I disagree with. Just the expression itself implies that it's the only way to configure your gear.

Originally posted by don
It's obvious that you have a problem with Halcyon, no where in my initial post did I mention Halcyon. They merely built their company around the Hogarthian system & came up with the slogan. Dive Rite uses "Doing It Right" in their catalog.
If you don't like the Hogarthian style and find it ludicrous then don't use it, that's your choice.
Yes, their equipment is more expensive, but so is every other companies top line. It just so happens that Halcyon only has a top line. The best comes with a price tag. Not just in dive gear.
If you own a "Beemer" or a Volvo or a "Benz" is doesn't make you a better driver, just one that is safer, (not a safer driver). But you have to pay for that margin of safety.

My last .02

Don

Since I'd like to research this a little more on my own, it would probably be easier to do a search... it's not easy to weed out the results of a search on DIR. :bonk:

Thanks - Rod

To get the full poop-------

http://www.gue.com

This explains the whole "DIR" principal and the "Hogarthian" style of equipment rigging + lots of useful information.

Mario, don't you ever work?

BTW, thanks for watching my back, will repay the favor anytime.

I think I now know

Don

[Edited by don on 12-13-2000 at 01:57 PM]

........Doing It Right which means the rest of us are doing it wrong. In fact those who worship the concept, as opposed to those who merely follow it because they've thought about it and think it's a good idea, call all nonDIR divers "strokes".

Walter

Back
Top Bottom