Doing it Left

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

on when this cert for DIRF is going to take place. The DIRF class I will be taking is on June27th and as far as I know it will not be a cert class. If anyone knows otherwise please let me know.

(It seems that Cat has brought me out of my shell after over a year lurking.) Just some questions.

Why would anyone ever consider Yoga funny?
Why are SeaJays posts always so long, even when he agrees?
Why are some people so easily offended by the accronymn DIL?
Why are new DIR-F participants always so zealous?
Other than the slight slandering of an acronym why has Leadweights opinion met with so much angst?
And lastly, Where do you buy a crystal ball and does it work with the stock market?

:confused:

Seajay and others. I don't think DIR is broken. It is no secret that DIR stresses getting the basic diving skills honed to prefection and some of the posts you and others have made on their DIRF experiences have been an inspiration. It just that DIR is not all that accessable and appears to becoming less so due to the new requirement that all students be DIR equipped.

DIR versus DIL....

Kind of like "Dummies Guide" versus "Idiots Guide" except only one would really fit the term Dummy and Idiot.

Why not just improve DIR if it were (and i mean WERE) lacking anything Lead mentioned instead of just creating a whole new concept?

Luftgespinst once bubbled...
(It seems that Cat has brought me out of my shell after over a year lurking.) Just some questions.

Why would anyone ever consider Yoga funny?
Why are SeaJays posts always so long, even when he agrees?
Why are some people so easily offended by the accronymn DIL?
Why are new DIR-F participants always so zealous?
Other than the slight slandering of an acronym why has Leadweights opinion met with so much angst?
And lastly, Where do you buy a crystal ball and does it work with the stock market?

:confused:

LOL, goooooooood points....

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

Not any more. Per the new standards you must be in bp/wing, long hose, no split fins and you know the rest.

Why not split fins, anything wrong with using them that i havent read about?

Quest once bubbled...

Why not split fins, anything wrong with using them that i havent read about?

Most cave instructors won't allow them either. You would be unlikely to be able to perform the kicks taught in the class.

DIRE DILDO Divers? OMG! that is GREAT! You ROCK! I am still pissing myself laughing!

-Dennis

ScubaFishee once bubbled...
Since joining right and left is a natural pairing...

I'm thinking, joint venture here. Best of both worlds. Well rounded training opportunity.

Serious divers could first become DIR Experts, then move on to the DIL Diver Orientation courses.

Upon completion of all requirements, we could then receive a new jointly issued card, proudly declaring us as certified "DIRE DILDO" divers!

Where do we sign up????

:D :D I'm sorry... I couldn't resist! :D :D

It's been a hard day at work and I just needed a break. No offense meant to anyone.

Blue Space once bubbled...
I've been in contact with MHK who will be one of to instructors for the class. I sent him the list of gear I will have which he said will be fine.

If you signed up for the class before the announement, then you were grandfathered in. I believe all new classes will have an equipment requirement.

Back
Top Bottom