Dogs & Diving

Do you take your dog with you when you go Diving?

• Leave at Home.

Votes: 53 44.2%
  • Leave on Beach.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Leave on Boat.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Goes snorkeling with me!

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Thought about getting gear for?

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Don't have a Dog...

Votes: 48 40.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have any dogs. But a friend of mine takes her dogs diving with her and I mean with her. She has full diving gear for both dogs. I never knew that dogs could dive. :)

Originally posted by Damsel Fish
now days I don't . Either the places I go aren't dog friendly, or the people aren't, which amounts to the same thing. Or if I did go some where that dogs were welcome I couldn't even tie her to a post to go to the bathroom without some goody-two-shoes kicking up a fuss about me mis-treating her. So I gave up and now she stays home alone. (So, goody-two-shoes, is that better for her?)

Now thats my problem too! I would love to take my "hunny" diving, but she doesnt have any manners. I took her with me when my Dad was in the hospital. Parked in a covered parking area, put the windows down 3 inches, gave her water, and locked her in her transport box. She barked and cryed, and some "GOODIE TWO SHOES" called the pound. The pound came and got her OUT OF MY CAR, and carted her off to the shelter. It was at least 110 in the shelter. Stunk to high heaven and I had to pay 25.00 to get her out!

Damsel - believe me, I know exacly how you feel!

Dave

I couldn't hold off anymore. Here's the shot of my "leggy blonde" out on the boat!

scottbeach,

Great pic. I like the yellow vest. I am going to have to dig out a pic. of Zucker.

mike

Cute pic! I've got one in my profile with Tara in a Red Life-vest...lol. Going to have to rummage for another cute one of her...lol:D

scottbeach: "Recently, the springer has taken up the sport of tubing. He'll sit in the tube with my wife and hang on for dear life, grinning from ear to ear. "

you wouldn't happen to have a pic of that would you...rofl.

unfortunately no pics of that yet, because I play the role of both photographer and driver! In the name of safety, I generally give precedence to the driving.

Originally posted by KaylinQ
Cute pic! I've got one in my profile with Tara in a Red Life-vest...lol. Going to have to rummage for another cute one of her...lol:D

scottbeach: "Recently, the springer has taken up the sport of tubing. He'll sit in the tube with my wife and hang on for dear life, grinning from ear to ear. "

you wouldn't happen to have a pic of that would you...rofl.

Elvis and I at a K9 tactical training seminar last year, he just got down from rappeling off a 40' tower. We unhooked him and he ran back up to the top to do it agian!!!!!!!!!!

The tactical training was to orient the handler and K9 partner to real life tactical situations. We had the usual tracking, drug searches, bite work that we normally train for work PLUS we did live fire exercises on the shooting ranges, explosive/door breeching w/ dogs in the stagger line....Heck...we even took them through the Army obstacle course.

Here's one of Elvi and I on one of the shooting exercises. We start from a position of cover/concealment, down and stay the dog and then the handler runs and guns to the next point of cover while the dog is in a down/stay. Elvis was the only dog that didnt break and run during the exercise. DAD WAS VERY PROUD!!!

Cool pic too--note the brass flying through the air!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom